sad story

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by old semperfi, Dec 26, 2009.

1. old semperfi

old semperfi Active Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    hi,i am 58 years old and i live for deer hunting,i get more me time in the woods in those few week ends than the whole year.now my story,i have developed a bad back,i am lucky to walk more than a block without resting my back.i do have a good place to hunt but i am not allowed to bring anyone else on property.i could have shot and hit as many as 15 does and three different bucks if they were in an area where i could have dragged them out.however every one i seen was where i could not have gotten them out by myself.i am not looking foreward to surgery but i will do all thats possible to make next year different.say a prayer for me folks and maybe next year will be different.i am glad however to hear so many good stories about your hunts. old semperfi
  2. Old Sarge

Old Sarge New Member

Hey, I have pretty much the same problem, with my back. I do have plenty of hunting opportunities, as we live in the woods. My neighbor rides a 4 wheeler, back to his blind, and oftentimes offers a ride on the back. Have taken him up on it a couple of times. BUT, the ride is more painful, than the walk. I've been more fortunate, I guess, due to the fact that I did get a small buck this year, and have plenty in the freezer. Good luck, in the future. There will be better days, and bigger deer. Semper Fi
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  3. retired grunt

retired grunt New Member

I got a feeling that there may be some commonality between all of us and back issues
  4. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

I slipped 3 discs 3 1/2 years ago, had sciatica with mega pain and numbness in the leg. I went to an Orthopedic doc and after x-rays and MRI he recommended physical therapy. After 10 weeks I was in pretty decent shape with it. I kept up the back workout program two to three times a week and that has kept me straight. A good Dr. and excellent physical therapist made all the difference for me.
  5. 38 special

38 special New Member

I feel youir pain. I had back problems a few years ago and literally had to crawl(on and off) to my deer stand in the snow. Once I got in the stand I was ok but on the way back the same problem came back. It SUCKS! Thank GOD now its not as bad but when I have it, it's scary. Like I would rather be DEAD than not be able to walk.
  6. tstamm2013

tstamm2013 New Member

deer cart.jpg I have used this manny times and it helps alot
  7. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    My problem isn't my back, but my legs. Don't get around so good any more, and am also thinking of buying, or making one of these myself.