SAFE HOUSE

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nffritos, Jul 8, 2012.

1. nffritos

nffritos Active Member

2. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Impressive, but what happens if it gets hit with EMP?
  3. armoredman

armoredman New Member

Doesn't matter, see what the article said, a "feeling" of security, not actual security. I could see how it could be enhanced security over traditional homes with the mere fact that all traditional entrances are covered, but what I don't see is - what are these seemingly massive coverings made of? If it's just fake concrete for weight savings on motors and hinges, and offer no actual protection, then it's just a really cool gimmick.
    I'm a big believer in simple and redundant - what's the power load to operate this thing, are there emergency power sources in place to "pop the top" as it were in an emergency, and are there manual backups to that?
  4. clamman

clamman Active Member

Flat roof + rain = trouble!
  5. Carne Frio

Carne Frio Member

6. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Not if it is a good quality roof, it actually is more weather resistant in sever weather than a peaked roof with more wind resistance. I rarely had to take a snow load off because the wind took care of that for me unless we had one of those long no wind easy snow falls and even then it was usually light fluffy stuff that blew off at the first hint of wind. Drains around the perimeter and corners prevent water build up and again it dries fast as soon as it gets some sun. Flat is a misnomer because there usually is a small crown of a few inches and a slight slope to the drain areas.

On the other hand it would make a great spot to land a herd of insurgents by helicopter with bayonets in their teeth, MP 40 in one hand and grenades in the other. Or a flock of drug crazed Ninja Taliban armed with the Koran and rotten fruit.