Saiga-12 Build

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by bikeryoda, Dec 17, 2009.

1. bikeryoda

bikeryoda New Member

It has been a long time since I last posted anywhere, but I thought that it was high time and a good time to show just what I've done lately. I have been working on a Saiga-12 for about 3 days (once all the parts came in). Here is a list of them and where I got them:

Magpul ACS Stock from westernsportonline.com
    Feedback: Justin there has excellent customer service and replies to questions very quickly. He was more than willing to talk to me about the products I was thinking about ordering and shipped them in good time. I am planning on doing more business with him as he made it a more personal experience.

Enidine Shot Shock and castle nut from tacticalshotgunner.com
    Feedback: Good shipping time and more shotgun specific products available.

Internal Stock Adapter from mississippiautoarms.com
    Feedback: The guys at mississippiautoarms know what they are talking about when it comes to the Saiga line of firearms. They cater mostly to the Saiga-12 community but have a variety of parts available. They also ship in record time.

Tromix Fire Control Group, Tromix DIY Trigger Guard, CAA Pistol Grip, Kreb's Retaining Plate and E-Tac Twisterpuc from carolinashooterssupply.com
    Feedback: They are also a great company to work with. Very knowledgeable about the products they carry and great customer service. They ship very quickly as well.

*will also soon have a custom hand-guard from thefuglystick.com

Hope you guys like it, and give these sights a visit!

-BikerYoda

Attached Files:

2. tntrucker

tntrucker New Member

:eek:Looks good
  3. Simon 04

Simon 04 New Member

Nice job ! :)
  4. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

I like it. :D

Thinking about doing that to one of mine.

Can't tell from the pic, did you put an extension or something similar on your charging handle? I would like mine to be a little easier to grab.

Or a mag release extension "in" the trigger guard, so you can release the mag with your trigger finger, by just pushing it forward?
  5. bikeryoda

bikeryoda New Member

I haven't put an extension for the charging handle. Been kinda weary of doing that since I have heard that some of them can't take the jarring of the 12 ga and sometimes fly off. I know that Tromix does make a charging handle extension that may be an option for me in the future if I ever did decide to go that route. Thought about that extended mag release, may do that as well... just gotta work up the funds though. I will say that the Enidine Shot Shock is a limbsaver when it comes to high brass loads!
  6. bikeryoda

bikeryoda New Member

This is the custom forearm from FuglyStick that I will be installing. These are a few pics before powder coating.

Attached Files:

7. Taurus_9mm

Taurus_9mm New Member

8. bikeryoda

bikeryoda New Member

I'd love to have a 7.62x39, but I really want an underfolder and am unsure if there are any kits available
  9. wpage

wpage Active Member

Not too shaby!
  10. bikeryoda

bikeryoda New Member

I finally got my forearm in from thefuglystick.com and it looks amazing! This guy knows his stuff. It fit perfectly with absolutely no wiggle and is completely custom to boot... couldn't be happier.

Attached Files:

11. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

bikeryoda
    In case you are interested.
    Did you know that MD Arms is having a sale on their 20 round drums?
    If you pre-order now, they are $100 each.
    1/2 paid up front.
    That is a LONG WAY from what they used to cost, about $260 I think.
  12. Agentwil

Agentwil New Member

The Saiga-12 looks real good! How was moving the trigger forward? I went with Tapco and didn't have to move the trigger to get a pistol grip on my Saiga-308. I also went with a Tapco handguard and a bolt extension. I got my parts through Carolina Shooters Supply. I like the fit and finish of Tapco parts and Carolina Shooters Supply was great to work with. The Saiga 308 is a great rifle but the trigger sucks and I'm considering a new one.
  13. bikeryoda

bikeryoda New Member

pickenup- I would ordinarily tackle a deal like that but I am waiting on MD's doublestack mag to come out and/or the Chaos mini drum. They have come a long ways from the original pricing and that is for dang sure!

Agentwil- Moving the trigger group forward was a piece of cake compared to what I thought it would be. The only trouble I had was getting the BHO spring back on the little bend of metal that it was originally on. I'd definitely do it again and plan on making a SBS some day. (with proper paperwork of course) I got my conversion from Carolina Shooters Supply and Mississippi Auto Arms. Since I'm in Arkansas, MAA shipping was extremely fast.
  14. Fuglystick

Fuglystick New Member

bikeryoda,

Came out great!
  15. bikeryoda

bikeryoda New Member

What can I say... you do GREAT work! Been singing your praises all over