Saiga 12

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by duane5157, Jul 1, 2010.

1. duane5157

duane5157 New Member

I have the opportunity to buy a saiga 12 guage for under 500. First do you think this is a acceptable price and secondly for owners what are the pros and cons. Will it shoot light loads in 2.75 or do I need to shoot 3 inch. Any and all advice is wanted. Because money does not grow on trees. Duane
  2. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

$475 seems to be about the average going price now days. Some more, some a bit less.

With the different gas settings, you can adjust it to shoot different ammo. One of mine would shoot the light loads right off, as well as slugs, with no problem.

I like the fact that they do not kick the crap out of you, like other 12ga shotguns. The Kalashnikov action absorbs a LOT of the felt recoil. And I have heard that they are (arguably) as fast to shoot as a Benelli. I know I can dump a 10 round mag in "probably" less than 3 seconds. Have not "officially" timed it yet, but plan on doing so later this month.

LOTS of aftermarket stuff for them. You are limited only by your wallet. ;)
  3. tcox4freedom

tcox4freedom Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I really like mine. However, I have had some ftf using "Low Recoil" ammo.
  4. gunpir8

gunpir8 New Member

I had problems shooting RIO high brass skeet and trap loads but the was due to the size of the brass. I recently installed an aftermarket gas screw that has settigns 1 through 5. I can adjust the amount of gas just by turning a knob. Now I can shoot anything except the RIO skeet and trap loads because of the brass. I have no problem with bird shot, buckshot, slugs or low recoil ammo. I think it cost about $70.00 installed.
  5. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

gunpir8 this gas screw.. got any links or info left

thanks
    ~john
  6. gunpir8

gunpir8 New Member

I will dig out the box and get the make and model for you.
  7. gunpir8

gunpir8 New Member

John, Novak Adjustable Gas Tube. Hope that helps. sorry it took so long to get the info. Had a lot of stuff to dig through
  8. Musashi71

Musashi71 New Member