1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Sako Riihimaki

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by butch lambert, Nov 15, 2003.

1. butch lambert

butch lambert New Member

I was just given a cute little single shot action marked Sako Riihimaki and serial#42689. It has a small bolt face and a Mauser type bolt. Does anybody have any info about it. I need the bolt release and trigger group. Thebarrelman
  2. stash247

stash247 New Member

Assuming it has a .223 bolt face, it dates to the early 60's or before, if it has a square, box-like bolt shroud at the rear of the bolt, an L-461 if the shroud is round.
    It's possible it might be an A-1 (successor to the L-461), but I don't think Sako built the A-1 as a single shot (read that " solid bottom"-no mag cutout) action. They didn't make a lot of 461's that way, but having seen a dozen or so, I'm sure some were made.
    I hope these model numbers help a little in finding parts.
    Oh, BTW, Jewell, and Canjar, both make GREAT replacement triggers for the 461!
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2003
  3. butch lambert

butch lambert New Member

Terry, it has the square bolt shroud. I was told by somebody that it was a L-469. Thanks for your info. Thebarrelman