Salsa side effect

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by searcher5, Aug 2, 2004.

1. searcher5

searcher5 New Member

My tomatoes are running over me-so it was either give them away, can them or make salsa. Tough choice. When I make salsa (or anything else) it gets pretty involved, using every utensil in the house. I chopped cayennes, jalepenos, chipoltes, habeneros, tomatoes, garlic, onions and cilantro. Just finished the salsa and grilled pork chops for supper. Finished with clean up, and headed for the laundry(it's my day off). Everythng caught up and cleaned up, salsa canned-time for a stiff drink of bourbon. I fixed a nice heathy drink(hey-I seriously needed it at this point) and sat down to enjoy it. It seems to have a lot more burn than usual this evening. About half-way through, I realize that I used this glass to hold the chopped habeneros before I dumped them into the salsa! I guess I didn't get it very clean. I wonder what the kids Captain Crunch is going to taste like in the morning! I kind of liked the extra burn in my bourbon, though. I may try it again!
  2. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

MMMMMM! I love a good salsa! Not so sure about having a "burn" to my drink, though. :eek: ;)
  3. rosierita

rosierita New Member

:D heehee! yeah, that burn to the drink sounds kinda good.....

poor kiddies tho! :eek: :D
  4. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

searcher5
    just make sure that when working with peppers that you wash your hands real good before going to the little boys room.
    I didn't ONCE will never forget again I promise. :eek: :eek: :D
  5. searcher5

searcher5 New Member

Been there, done that. I believe Bob Segar Wrote a song about such a thing, called "The Fire Down Below" :D