same old question part 2!

Discussion in 'The Pre-Ban Forum' started by Zigzag2, Feb 27, 2003.

1. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

underdog75
    (12/10/02 1:04:50 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All same old question part 2!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Called my local ATF man monday.He said it is legal to use preban hicap's in legal postban AR's just dont add any of the EVIL..flash hiders,bayonet lugs folding stocks etc. etc. etc.So if any one out there needs the info I got it from the horse's mouth(in the state of VA. anyways) BTW how many drive by bayonetings have there been anyway?LOL thanks for everyones postings...UNDERDOG

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (12/10/02 3:42:50 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del

Re: same old question part 2!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    But ask the next ATF guy and get another answer. He was probably only speaking from the Feds point of view. Your state might have additional restrictions. Do not take the word of the police or any other law enforcement as to what the law is. Research the law yourself on your states website or the local library. Then you will KNOW what it says.
    In 49 states ignorance is a crime. In the other one it is bliss.

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/10/02 3:58:12 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: same old question part 2!
    I would also get it in writing from this BATF guy. Chances are, he'll put a WHOLE lot more thought into his answer if he knows the whole agency will be held to it. Not to mention it'll cover your ass if the question should ever come up again.
    Macht kaputt, was euch kaputt macht!

underdog75
    (12/11/02 11:23:32 am)
    Thanks guys, I was speaking to the virginia chapter and asked him about virginia laws on the subject as well as federal.He also said that i could write a letter to them and get a written reply,And i think ill do that,it'll be nice too have that letter with me

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/11/02 11:38:03 am)
    FYI: There is no reason to have a letter from the BATF concerning this issue. It is not illegal to own or have "preban" high capacity magazines---PERIOD! Per federal BATF rulings and laws.

This is a "State" issue and only a "STATE" issue. The letter from the BATF will not CYA, if your state has banned or restricted their sale or use.......BATF will not supercede State law. STATE LAW RULES, don`t forget it.

LTS

underdog75
    (12/11/02 12:08:32 pm)
    OK,OK,,,Lts i get the point "stop using up space on a question that has allready been answered" So your sayin the virginia state police is whom i should be butt kissing to?As you recall the question wasnt can i own them but can i USE them.anywho thanks for everything

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/11/02 1:00:59 pm)
    Use/own is the same thing and yes it is up to your state, not BATF. Wasn`t being harsh, just getting tired of the BATF thing. IT`S NOT UP TO THEM (Federal) it is the State`s game. If you lived in California [for example-God forbid] once again, there is no FEDERAL (BATF) law from owning/having/using high capacity magazines.......but that PINKO-COMMIE STATE SAYS YOU CANNOT........soooooo

YOU CANNOT!!! Now BATF may tell you there is no law against it......CAUSE THEY DON`T HAVE ONE........!!!!

BUT CALIFORNIA DOES!!!! PINKO`S

Having fun yet?????????????????

You have to warm up to me, I ain`t nice.....just unfriendly.

LTS

Edited by: LIKTOSHOOT at: 12/11/02 3:11:10 pm

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/11/02 1:43:54 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Don't forget...
    Ya smell kinda funny too!.....

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/11/02 3:10:05 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Don't forget...
    SO...........I`m in the country....it`s natural

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/11/02 3:13:30 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Don't forget...
    Sheesh - he's been out rollin' round in the pasture again.

underdog75
    (12/11/02 3:38:23 pm)
    "Use/own is the same thing and yes it is up to your state, not BATF. Wasn`t being harsh, just getting tired of the BATF thing."........Didnt take it that way LTS,just tryin to get to the bottom of this big crap pile I know these kinda questions can get old 4 you regulars.Just like to be informed ya know.

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/11/02 3:49:37 pm)
    Basically, it boils down to whatever your local jurisdiction decides. It may be legal on the federal and state level, but then you may have a local police department that decides that anything other than a single shot 410 shotgun is ilegal. Believe me, I have seen it happen. And those are the guys that mater!