"Sandy" visited the range this morning

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by todd51, Oct 30, 2012.

1. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Well it was not a nice day here in central Ohio. Not bad like the east coast but one of those days you just don't want to get into anything. So I called Bob and asked it he wanted to go along down to the range to check things out, put some more corn in the feeder and check the game camera. We had just a dusting of snow on the ground when we left but the further southeast we drove the more snow we ran into. As we neared the range the roads had been plowed and had an additional couple inches of slush on them after the plowing. Pulled in the drive and took the cable down and started up the drive. Uh Oh! My Dodge pickup with and empty bed and street tires is a poor snow machine and there was no way I was going to make it up the hill. We just parked and hoofed up to the feeder (Bob carried the corn, ha). It (the feeder) was empty and the camera had run out of battery power but there were a couple hundred shots of deer, racoons, turkeys, and a neat owl. Today's trip was probably not one of the smarter things I have done but all back home safe and sound.

Attached Files:

2. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

Has some snow in my part of Ohio also, not quite as much as that though.
  3. stumpjumper

stumpjumper Member

4. time2shoot

time2shoot Well-Known Member

verry nice