SAR-1 or WASR10 hi-cap?

Discussion in 'The Pre-Ban Forum' started by have2rotties, Nov 27, 2003.

1. have2rotties

have2rotties New Member

I know these aren't pre-ban, but, I wasn't sure where else to post it. So, given the choice which would you choose? I had a couple Norinco MAK-90's about 8 years ago, how do they compare to those?. The SAR-1 is priced a little higher than the WASR10 hi cap. Is the SAR-1 worth the extra $40.00? Any advice would be great.
    Thanks,
  2. NRAJOE

NRAJOE New Member

Yes...The SAR-1 is a copy of an actual AK, with the dimples on the side to hold the mags. WASR's are converted from lo-cap rifles and have steel plates attached inside of the receiver to stop mag wobble with no AK dimples in the receiver. Some are good in that respect, and some have mag wells are are too tight, or too loose! Also if you intend to get a 75 round drum, most WASR's will not fire well or even accept the drum. The WASR is a good gun if you want something to bang around and just use regular mags.
  3. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Thanks Joe! It wasn't my question, but I never knew the difference between them either...;)
  4. NRAJOE

NRAJOE New Member

No problem, they ARE good shooters. I had one for 3 weeks then found a SAR-1 and sold the WASR. Should have kept the WASR just to play around with...had a E.German stock set on it for a little while.