SAR-2 Scope Mount

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 23, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

AGunguy
    (10/26/01 6:05:48 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Need advice on buying an AK 74 SAR2 scope side-mount
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Who should I buy my Romanian AK 74 SAR2 scope side-mount from and how much.

I was planing on buying an Ultra 3-9X42 scope with 1 inch tube that is only about 8 inches long.
    CDNN sells the scope but don't seem to have the side mounts for such a short scope.

Gunguy

AntiqueDr
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (10/26/01 6:24:37 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Need advice on buying an AK 74 SAR2 scope side-mount
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Looking at their website, they sell a replacement top cover with mount built in. If the scope tube is too short for the ring placement, simply file a new notch in the mount to accept the ring.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

AGunguy
    (10/28/01 10:31:25 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Need advice on buying an AK 74 SAR2 scope side-mount
    I've heard that these top cover mounts are not as reliable in accuracy as side-rail mounts. I'm leaning toward a side-rail mount from nightvisionweb.com, third one down on their product line. The scope rings lean back toward the shooter, and as I'm thinking of getting a shorty 8 inch scope that will be benificial.

Gunguy

Edited by: AGunguy at: 10/28/01 10:34:17 pm