Sarah Palin Article

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by 45nut, Feb 3, 2010.

1. 45nut

45nut Active Member

Article here

Why I'm speaking at Tea Party convention

By Sarah Palin

Later this week I'll head to Nashville, where I'll have the honor of speaking with members of the Tea Party movement. I look forward to meeting many Americans who share a commitment to limited government, common sense and personal responsibility. This movement is truly a grassroots, organic effort. It's not a top-down organization; it's a ground-up call to action that already has both political parties rethinking the way they do business.

From the town halls last summer to the protests and marches in the fall to the game-changing recent elections, it has been inspiring to see real people — not politicos or inside-the-Beltway professionals — speak out for common-sense conservative policies and values. As with all grassroots efforts, the nature of this movement means that sometimes the debates are loud and the organization is messier than that of a polished, controlled machine. Legitimate disagreements take place about tone and tactics. That's OK, because this movement is about bigger things than politics or organizers.

The soul of the Tea Party is the people who belong to it — everyday Americans who grow our food, run our small businesses, teach our children how to read, serve the less fortunate and fight our wars. They're folks in small towns and cities across this nation who saw what was happening to our country and decided to get involved. Thank God for them. Many of these good Americans had never been involved in their government before, but now they attend town hall meetings and participate in online forums. They write letters to the editor. They sign up to be precinct leaders and run for local office and support other independent patriots. They have the courage to stand up and speak out.

Their vision is what drew me to the Tea Party movement. They believe in the same principles that guided my work in public service — whether I was working on the PTA and city council or serving as a mayor, commissioner or governor. I look forward to meeting some of these great Americans this weekend.

Recently, some have tried to portray this movement as a commercial endeavor rather than the grassroots uprising that it is. Those who do so don't understand the frustration everyday Americans feel when they see their government mortgaging their children's future with reckless spending. The spark of patriotic indignation that inspired those who fought for our independence and those who marched peacefully for civil rights has ignited once again. You can't buy such a sentiment. You can't AstroTurf it. It springs from love of country and the knowledge that we can make a difference if we just stand up and stand together.

I thought long and hard about my participation in this weekend's event. At the end of the day, my decision came down to this: It's important to keep faith with people who put a little bit of their faith in you. Everyone attending this event is a soldier in the cause. Some of them will be driving hundreds of miles to Nashville. I made a commitment to them to be there, and I am going to honor it.

But participation won't be limited to those in Nashville who have a ticket. It's much bigger than that. Because the Tea Party movement is spread out across the country — with no central offices or annual events — this is an opportunity to connect with like-minded folks. Yes, there will be speeches given in a room in Nashville. But we'll also be speaking with thousands of Americans watching online at twitter.com/SarahPalinUSA, or through various news outlets. And the conversation will continue on my Facebook page.

I will not benefit financially from speaking at this event. My only goal is to support the grassroots activists who are fighting for responsible, limited government — and our Constitution. In that spirit, any compensation for my appearance will go right back to the cause.

The nature of the Tea Party movement means there may never be a "perfectly orchestrated" event: Democracy in action doesn't come with a manual. But we must not get caught up in the politics or the controversies that some hope will distract from the heart of the movement. The focus must remain on our ideas and beliefs, and on supporting those ideas and beliefs however we can.

This weekend, it's Nashville, but in March, I'll head to Searchlight, Nev., for the kickoff rally at the Tea Party Express III. In April, I'll be in Boston for a Tea Party gathering there. Across the country, tea-partiers will be sharing our vision for America's future, a vision that promotes common sense solutions to out-of-control spending and an out-of-touch political establishment.

The process may not always be pretty or perfect, but the message is loud and clear: We want a government worthy of the fine Americans that it serves. And we're going to keep spreading that message one convention, one town hall, one speech and one election at a time.

Sarah Palin, the former governor of Alaska, was the 2008 Republican nominee for vice president
  2. petesusn

petesusn New Member

Nice words. But are they from a politician or a citizen.
  3. 45nut

45nut Active Member

She is a citizen statesman, in my opinion. [​IMG]
  4. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

Thanks 45 nut, I haven't seen that on the news anywhere. Guess the MSM found their criticism of her was having an effect opposite to that which they intended.
  5. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

She could have taken up the global climate change like some other politician we have heard of.
  6. topper

topper New Member

She is just trying to garner support for her next run in politics. Tell the sheeple what they want to hear and you are sure to get elected or at least famous.

Politicians are a dime a dozen.
  7. 45nut

45nut Active Member

So topper,

You don't think she is any different or more truthful than any other politician? On what do you base that opinion? Personally, I do not run with sheeple nor am I one myself.

Do you like Perry, Hutchison or Medina for Governor or Texas?
  8. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

Wonder if she actually wrote the article, not that it matters. "The words of ANY politician are written on the wind."

Seems that there are a fair number of 'sheeple' in the Palin camp, but then using the word 'sheeple' in any instance is (if I may borrow a phrase) "painting with a broad brush".
  9. navis128

navis128 New Member

Maybe we've gotten so jaded we think anyone who stands up to offer their service in a political capacity is conniving. That they just want power or money.

I've heard this woman talk. She's not so stupid as people are trying to make her out to be. She's looking at the things that are happening in that domed build. and on Penn Ave. Then she looks at how that relationship and those decisions work within the present Admins international decisions.

She was raised an educated on USA values. I'm sure the love of freedom and the understanding that it isn't free was instilled in her as a child. I'm sure she is raising her kids with the same values...good gravy she joined the PTA cause she could see back then that our direction was going astray. And think about it...she's a mom. She knows scheming when she sees it.

I like her, and even if she runs for office, I'll still like her. When she says something there is no room for misunderstanding. She's not saying one thing, but meaning another...she's not foreign. I haven't heard her yet say that she knows better for me than me or that our Constitution was some outdated dried up doormat to be used to sneek into My County and be a leech or blow me up. I haven't heard her say that she thinks My Freedoms, Liberties and Rights should be given away to THE ENEMY of MY COUNTRY so they can twist it and abuse my compassion and generocity. I mean...they ain't dead are they?

but hey...if you've got some kind of documentation that she has said these things...would you post a link or something please. I'd like to research it myself...I'm not a sheeple.

I hate how the guest speakers on the news networks hint about how a if the TP'ers started a third party, it would go the way of the Green Party and Ralph Nader...two completely different philosophies...apples/oranges.

I like Medina.
  10. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

I like S Palin, too. She's refreshing. She's like a pet coon or skunk; you never know what to expect when they're trundling around! But I'd like an improvement over last November's 'choice level' when the next national election rolls around.

I like Cheese.
  11. navis128

navis128 New Member

mrkirker...

Are you saying that she's a coon and a skunk, but you're a rat?

I'm just asking...
  12. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

Please "re-read" - take your time, 'mouth' the words, if necessary.

"She's like (italic added) a pet coon or skunk; you never know what to expect when they're trundling around!" refering to her behavior. (I've had both for pets, and they are a riot.)

As far your inferring that I am a 'rat' because I am not enamored with ms Plain, and had the nerve to mention same - Sigh. . . I am cut; cut to the quick, I shall retire to the breakroom and try to compose myself over lunch!

Perhaps, someday, I too, will fall under her spell - as so many have. However, I feel that event will happen the day after Hell freezes over. Till then, I'll voice opinions, like everyone else, UNLESS the thread is labeled:
    "No Dissention Tolerated!"
  13. navis128

navis128 New Member

I didn't mean to cut you, I'm not intending you feel that I'm attacking you...I'm honestly asking.

Why did you say you like cheese?
  14. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

What gets me is that everyone wants her to "talk" like a politician and know all the things that a politician should know. They hang on every word she says just waiting to pounce on her if she makes a mistake or is weak in some area. Well folks, I dont want a dummy in there but I dont want a politician in there either. I want a down to earth every day citizen in there. Someone with a high set of standards. Someone who will do the right thing and stop all of this back door deal politics as usual. Someone who is a fiscal conservative. Someone who starts their day on a bended knee, seeking guidance from above. A real american that is sick and tired of being sick and tired. Someone who wont be ashamed to hold prayer meetings and hold up the constitution as the final document. Someone who is not out of touch with the people. A true conservative with real morals. If I could find that person, I wouldnt care what school they went to or what office they have held. Sarah lacks in some areas, but is strong in many others. No matter what anyone thinks, she is real. Just a normal person like you and me.
  15. navis128

navis128 New Member

Isn't it funny...

The founders had a big debate on whether just the elite and educated should have a vote. Some thought the common man was not sophisticated enough to understand.

Isn't it funny that it's the common man that always saves the Republic?