Savage 10 FCP HS Precision vs Savage 11 Long Range Hunter, both .308, for long range?

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by J_S_GR, Nov 6, 2011.

1. J_S_GR

J_S_GR New Member

Anyone have any experience with either of these two rifles? I'm thinking it'll pretty much boil down to which do I prefer in the looks section, because both are high quality Savage rifles, which haven't failed me yet. but I'd like some opinions if anyone has any on these two.
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Re: Savage 10 FCP HS Precision vs Savage 11 Long Range Hunter, both .308, for long ra

i dont own one myself ( yet) but the folks who do own em like em a lot , one pigger i know is taking down boar's at 600 + yards often with his LRH
  3. J_S_GR

J_S_GR New Member

Re: Savage 10 FCP HS Precision vs Savage 11 Long Range Hunter, both .308, for long ra

How is the AccuStock compared to a free floated barrel? I haven't had any experience with the AccuStock, as my Savage rifles (16 FHS, Axis, and 11 FNS) do not have them. Does your buddy like it?
  4. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

i'll get him on the blower and see if he'll tell you himself
  5. JLA

JLA Moderator

I like the acccustock. My savage build still wears it. Shoots 1/4 MOA at 200 yds. It started life as a Savage 11 sporter. Now is a heavy varmint rifle. It is my opinion though, That a solidly bedded stock and floated barrel are better than the accustock concept. So I would opt for the Savage 10 HS precision stock and make sure the recoil lug is solidly bedded to the stock. Savages will sing with the reciever pillar bedded and the recoil lug epoxy bedded and the barrel fully floated. The HS precision laid up fiberglass stocks are leagues better than the accustock. which is an aluminum chassis with a stock injection molded around it. But both are good, and chances are either rifle will exceed your capabilities.
  6. JLA

JLA Moderator

The accustocks are floated away from the barrel as well.. BTW. so either way you will have a floated barrel
  7. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

ok colin say's its a tad heavy ( sorry he's away working ) and that the cheek adjuster takes a bit to adjust but very good otherwise , but he said he was looking for lighter stock options ...
  8. J_S_GR

J_S_GR New Member

Thanks for all of the input guys. I'm leaning a bit more towards the FCP HS. Thanks a lot.