Savage 110 .270 in pawn shop

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by gregw, Feb 4, 2011.

1. gregw

gregw New Member

I spotted a number of long guns in a local pawn shop today.

What is the quality I should expect from a Savage model 110 bolt action chambered .270, generally speaking?

He is asking right around $290 out the door.

Also spotted a Rossi .223, with a nice scope and gun case. Unfortunately it is a youth model and the barrel is pretty short. Still, it looks like a fun little gun.

Right alongside it, there was a second Rossi youth rifle, chambered in 30.06 (with scope and case)

Assuming that the Savage is an older pre-accutrigger model, would that price be reasonable, all things considered equal?

Serial # is F653798 btw, with a date of manufacture = ?

Thanks!
  2. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

sounds like a pretty good deal. I think it's a 1974 model, but I will have to verify that. Expect good quality and a solid shooting gun, nothing fancy, just accurate and it'll get the job done.