savage 110 E

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by raysmithson1, Jun 15, 2010.

1. raysmithson1

raysmithson1 Member

Ok , so I have had this rifle for yrs, and like new , so how the heck to remove the bolt? the only release I see is on the right side , it seems to jiggle the bolt somewhat , when I push it down. thanks Ray
  2. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

At the same time you are pushing down on the bolt release lever, also pull back on the trigger and the bolt will come right out.

Same goes when you are trying to insert the bolt back into the gun, the trigger must be pulled to allow the bolt to be re-inserted. :)
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  3. wpage

wpage Active Member

Snakedriver is right. Somewhat similar to the Rem 700 hold back the trigger. But. press down on the right side top lever at the same time. Bolt falls right out.
  4. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

The new accustock models have a little slide lever in front of the trigger and the trigger still has to be held back. It makes for an awkward grasp on the rifle when removing the bolt. It almost takes 3 hands. Awesome shootn rifles though;)