1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Savage 116 FCSS 7mm rem mag (has anyone tired it?)

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by JMF, Feb 22, 2012.

1. JMF

JMF New Member

hey im wanting to buy a savage 116 7mm and i wanted to know how performs.(accuracy, reliability,how it shoots with factory/hand loads, etc) Thanks!
  2. joncutt87

joncutt87 Active Member

I have a cheap savage, and I couldn't be any happier with it's accuracy.
  3. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

I have an older model Savage 116 in 7mm Rem. Mag that is pre-accutrigger / accustock etc., but it is without a doubt the most accuarate rifle I have. Easily MOA at 200 yards. I like everything about it. I put a nice thumbhole laminated wood stock on it a few years back that really dressed it up. The trigger breaks crisp as glass at 3# with no overtravel. I highly recommend it. :cool:

ETA: The scope is a factory setup. As far as ammo, it likes the heavier stuff in the 150-162 range, but does alright with 140's too. It'll shoot factory or reloads with equal reliability. I found the IMR4831 does the best in my gun for velocity and accuracy. IMR4350 was a close second.

Here's a pic.:

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  4. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Savage makes THE best affordable accurate rifles right out of the box. They have THE best factory produced barrels in the industy. Your money will be well spent on a Savage.

Grabbing a Savage in 7 mag will land you a large shank long action that will be suited to any custom build up to .338 Winmag, with little more than a 10 minute barrel swap. Another reason I LOVE Savage rifle.
  5. JMF

JMF New Member

alright guys,thanks for the info. i just order it today, i will post after i get her to the range!