savage 20 gauge/ 22cal. over and under

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by james coffman, May 8, 2012.

1. james coffman

james coffman New Member

my grandfather past away about a year ago and he left me all of his hunting and fishing gear. well along with two rooms full of gear came my favorite small game gun that i ever had the chance to shoot! the gun is actually priceless to my son and i which he now uses. leads me into a curiousity about its rarity or is it comman? it is a savage 20gauge 3inch magnum with a 22winchester mag sittin on top of it very good condion both wood and blueing! model number is b688594 series P with a 24d on there too> just wonder what i ,well what my son has!!LOL!! if anyone could help i would greatly appricate it!:confused:
  2. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

Its a Savage 24d. Production started in 1971 and a fairly common gun. Values are in the 300 range. Some had case hardened receivers some were blue. does it have a engraved scene on the receiver?