1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

savage 20 gauge/ 22cal. over and under

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by james coffman, May 8, 2012.

1. james coffman

james coffman New Member

my grandfather past away about a year ago and he left me all of his hunting and fishing gear. well along with two rooms full of gear came my favorite small game gun that i ever had the chance to shoot! the gun is actually priceless to my son and i which he now uses. leads me into a curiousity about its rarity or is it comman? it is a savage 20gauge 3inch magnum with a 22winchester mag sittin on top of it very good condion both wood and blueing! model number is b688594 series P with a 24d on there too> just wonder what i ,well what my son has!!LOL!! if anyone could help i would greatly appricate it!:confused:
  2. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

Its a Savage 24d. Production started in 1971 and a fairly common gun. Values are in the 300 range. Some had case hardened receivers some were blue. does it have a engraved scene on the receiver?