Savage 24 S-E

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by warsawdaddy, Nov 30, 2007.

1. warsawdaddy

warsawdaddy New Member

I have this Savage 22mag/410 o/u.I have seen many of them at the shows,but all of them have the breakdown lever on top.Mine has a side lever.I was told that the 'E' stood for an engineering change but so far no one has been able to find it in any book,only the top release.This gun shoots great and is still 'stiff',just like new.Any info? Thanks.
  2. williamd

williamd New Member

BlueBook sez M24 were all top lever except 24S and 24MS. No mention of an E. But, Google 'Savage 24SE' and you'll get hits! I have owned several and carried them for camp purposes. Liked the 22RF / 20g best. Great little guns. Many grouse to the pot.

Also several listed on on-line sellers.