Savage 32 pistols, 1907s?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by roadking, Apr 22, 2006.

1. roadking

roadking New Member

Greetings, I recently two Savage Arms Pistols, "Cal 32 Patented November 21, 1905 - 7.65 MM". I've searched TTF, and have come up needing some info. Are these, indeed, 1907s (I've seen some pics of the 1907, and are very similar). The other question I have (please see pics), is are the differences in these two guns due to year of manufacture, a change/ lack of parts, which required substitution, or has one been modified ? The slides are different, as are the hammers. The one with the "normal" style hammer is SN 210XXX, and the other is 174XXX.
    I've seen these, if actually 1907s, in the $150 to $400 range in years past, still the viable price ? As in prior posts, thanks in advance.
    Matt

Attached Files:

2. sarzak

sarzak New Member

the one on top is a 1917. the one on the bottom is a 1907. there is also a 1915 hammerless w/ 2 smaller size variants. also there are variants in size of slide serrations and markings. yours are the common examples. value depends on condition. it would have to be close to perfect to be worth $400
  3. roadking

roadking New Member

Thank you very much for the info. Not close to perfect, as the pics show, but decent, and shoot quite nicely.
    Matt
  4. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

I allso have a Savage 1907 in 32acp the belonged to my Grandfather.i have not seen very many of them around,a Gun dealer almost broke mine trying to take it apart.
  5. roadking

roadking New Member

These were my father-in-law's. He passed away, and I've been gathering info on several of the pieces in his collection; Walther P38, Mauser Broomhandle with holster / shoulder stock, several CZs, bunches of M1 carbine parts (tons of 15 round mags), and rifles...gad, the rifles...Garandes, Mausers, Enfields, skss, Tokarevs...He had a Collector and Relic license, and he was a lot of fun to go to the gun shows with. Helping out mother-in-law get good value for some of the pieces, keeping a few as memories.
    Matt.

P.S., so, how do you break the Savage down ?