Savage .410 & Fie CBC .22LR

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Hoss77, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Hoss77

Hoss77 New Member

I have a Savage .410 bolt action Stevens model 59A. Love this Gun! What could It be worth, & how old is it? Blueing is not wore at all, & I've probably shot this gun more than any other gun I own.

I also have, a FIE CBC .22LR semi auto synthetic. I did find out it was made in August of 1987. Bluing is in good shape & gun functions well. Fun little gun. What could it be worth? Thank you again for any info.
  2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi Hoss:

On your Savage/Stevens Model 59, the Standard Catalog of Firearms says:

Exc. - $125
    V.G. - $100
    Good - $75

Don't be discouraged by the low $$$ value of this gun. It was an inexpensive utility-grade shotgun, and really isn't a "collector" gun. However, I've found that are certain guns in my collection that just "fit good", like an old pair of sneakers, and it has nothing to do with the dollar value.....they're "just right", and a pleasure to shoot. Keep it, shoot it, and enjoy it! :)

On your FIE CBC .22 Auto.....FIE was an importer (Firearms Import & Export), not a manufacturer. What I think you may have is what they marketed as the "GR-8 Black Beauty". It was a 14 shot, tube fed, semi-auto with a black nylon stock, patterned after the Remington Nylon 66. It was made by CBC in Brasil. Does that sound about right?

If so, the Blue Book values it at:

98% - $75
    95% - $70
    90% - $65
    80% - $60
  3. Hoss77

Hoss77 New Member

All that sounds right. I forgot that they were an importer. I was able to find out it's age by emailing them or someone who has thier info. They emailed me an owners manual for it, also. This is a very helpful forum. I will continue to use it, & tell other's about it. thanks again.
  4. myjem

myjem New Member

I am new to this site and have a general question that I am hopeful that someone can answer.

My Dad just gave me a small gun that he has had for at least 40 years. Only spent $100 bucks on it and it's value to me is more that it is something of his..

He however wondered if it was worth anything. (probably not) It"s from a company that has long since been out of business.

MOD TFX 22 L.R. FIF MIAMI FL. SERIALTX 47182 (Importer/Exporter FIE)

Thank you for any response.

Kristi