savage 93G

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 8, 2003.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Mini223
    (9/4/02 9:53:56 pm)
    Reply savage 93G
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Has anyone here got one of these. I am going to be buying a new bolt action for pest control, and maybe drop a few yotes. I been checking it out on the net but have not got much feed back. Wal-Mart will order one for $156, but befor i have them place the order i was hopeing to get some info from some one that has used one. Thanks.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (9/5/02 9:09:25 am)
    ezSupporter
    Re: savage 93G
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Welcome to TFF

My little brother had one of these. Very good dependable accurate gun. You won't be dissapointed in its performance.

Been kind of looking at one myself made for a lefty.

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (9/5/02 11:02:00 am)
    Reply Re: savage 93G
    Isn't .22RF a little underpowered for coyotes? They are a pest, but I hate to see any animal suffer.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (9/5/02 7:37:08 pm)
    ezSupporter
    Re: savage 93G
    They drop them dead. Just give a whistle and the yote will stop and look, that is when you put one in his skull.

Of course it has limitations. I would not take a 100 yard shot with such a small bullet but when calling varmints they get up close and personal. 15 to 50 yard shots are common.

Gary O
    (9/16/02 6:42:24 pm)
    Reply Re: savage 93G
    Triggers can be a problem. Try rimfirecentral.com if you need or want some help for that. Not sure about coyotes with a 22lr. Good feedback on the rifles, though. Good luck....