Savage 94 Firing Pin Spring

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Mosin_Nagant_Fan, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan New Member

When I can, I need to find a new Firing Pin Spring or hammer spring (or both) because the last time we the old 16ga out to the rang we had to double strike some of the ammo (all the ones that needed where Remingtons, non of the Spanish ammo needed to be double struck). I figured either firing pin spring or the hammer spring needed to be replaced because that's the most common causes of FTF in a single shot shotgun, the pin is fine and protrudes quit nicely when the hammer falls. I did rotated the FP spring because it looked like it should be like that (one end flaired more openly) but it looks like it's in pretty bad shape and should be replaced, soon; I didn't remove the hammer because I don't know how and don't want to try to, right now.

I'd take it to a smith but my dad got a job not long ago, has to catch up on his morgage (thankfully, he is caught up as of the end of October) and I'm still looking for a job.

Anywho, I'm looking for a site that has a spring available and doesn't cost to much to buy and ship. Thanks in advance.:)