savage 99

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by choukalos, Sep 13, 2003.

1. choukalos

choukalos New Member

first, i am a new user to this board, so far looks like a good one to belong to. thanks in advance to all the people who put in the time to help others. i just purchased a model 99 250-3000 serial number in the 500000 range. do you know how old this might be and any information you can give me. it is probably 90 percent for an old gun. it is real nice shape. email me or post if that's normally how its done. thanks again, in advance nick
  2. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

nick;
    First off WELCOME to TFF, pull up a stump and go get your favorite brew, have some waders handy because it gets kind of deep in here sometimes.

As to the 99. There are quite a few different 99's. Which one do you have? I just sold an "A" in 300 Sav. caliber through an online gun auction. It had some flaws in the wood (pieces missing and cracks that were fixed) there was some rust on parts of it, and the front sight had been replaced. It brought $250. Yours sounds like it is better shape than the one I had so it would probably bring more, depending on which one you have.
  3. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi choukalos.....welcome to TFF.

.300 Savage was added to the Model 99 lineup in 1920.....but, as pickenup says, there are many, many different models of the 99.

In order to give you a value we'll have to know which model it is, but if you want (very) ballpark estimate for a 90% gun....probably in the $250-350 range.