Savage 99E .243 Win. HELP PLEASE!!!

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by strokerskow97, Sep 11, 2012.

1. strokerskow97

strokerskow97 New Member

Hello Im new here so I hope ive put this in the right place!!

I have a Savage model 99E in .243 win. Im having a horrible time finding the year of MFG.!!! The Serial # on the lower left hand side of the receiver is- A259852. I looked for the "Boss Code" on the front of the lever and there isnt one, and doesnt look like there ever was!!. I looked under the fore arm on the bottom of the barrel, nothing. On the barrel on the left side right infront of the receiver and just above the fore arm is a very small 10W and on the other side of the barrel in almost the same spot is a 25W. also on the left top front of the receiver just under the "Savage Model 99E it has a C stamped into it.The only other mark i can find is on top of the barrel just infront of the receiver. its a SP or 8P or a 6P its really hard to read. I think its SP.

Any help would be appreciated!!!!!
  2. steve99f

steve99f New Member

SP=Savage Proof self explanatory
    The lever boss code is also stamped on the lower tang usually and can be seen if you remove the buttstock. But if you use the other exterior marks, the small "w" would put it in 1969. Just check under the buttstock and verify the code.