Savage and ATI questions

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Dales-a-shooter, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Dales-a-shooter

Dales-a-shooter New Member

First off, hi to everyone. I joined TTF cuz I am getting a .22 after the first of the year. I'm strongly looking at the Savage MKII-FV. I got to hold it at a mom and pops store locally, and it's nice for the price of $285. They have a BSA scope and a bipod I'm going to purchase too, along with case, cleaning gear, etc. Anyways, it seems it has good reviews, but I want to know if I should take a look at anything else before I buy. There's certain things I prefer, such as synthetic stock, tactical bolt handle, bull barrel. The FV doesn't have the bolt handle, but that can be done. Any suggestions?

And quickly, I held the ATI GSG-522, it seems AWESOME, but I just can't find reviews. Only on the original GSG5, and those were mixed. Has anyone had a chance to mess around with one?

Thank you and I look forward to years of fun and experience on TFF!!!
  2. vulcrider

vulcrider New Member

Welcome to the forum. I can't help you with reviews on the GSG-522, but I'm sure someone here will know something about it. You can try www.RimfireCentral, they might have more info as it is a dedicated rimfire forum. Good luck!
  3. Dales-a-shooter

Dales-a-shooter New Member

Thank you. I am on that site as well, I'll post there too. In general, how are ATI rifles? The reviews have been so mixed, so I don't know what to do. It looks and feels awesome, but never owning or shooting an ATI rifle, I don't know if I should go on a limb it being my first purchase. I've always said I would buy savage, Remington, or ruger, those are what I'm familiar with and know I can trust.