1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Savage and ATI questions

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Dales-a-shooter, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Dales-a-shooter

Dales-a-shooter New Member

First off, hi to everyone. I joined TTF cuz I am getting a .22 after the first of the year. I'm strongly looking at the Savage MKII-FV. I got to hold it at a mom and pops store locally, and it's nice for the price of $285. They have a BSA scope and a bipod I'm going to purchase too, along with case, cleaning gear, etc. Anyways, it seems it has good reviews, but I want to know if I should take a look at anything else before I buy. There's certain things I prefer, such as synthetic stock, tactical bolt handle, bull barrel. The FV doesn't have the bolt handle, but that can be done. Any suggestions?

And quickly, I held the ATI GSG-522, it seems AWESOME, but I just can't find reviews. Only on the original GSG5, and those were mixed. Has anyone had a chance to mess around with one?

Thank you and I look forward to years of fun and experience on TFF!!!
  2. vulcrider

vulcrider Member

Welcome to the forum. I can't help you with reviews on the GSG-522, but I'm sure someone here will know something about it. You can try www.RimfireCentral, they might have more info as it is a dedicated rimfire forum. Good luck!
  3. Dales-a-shooter

Dales-a-shooter New Member

Thank you. I am on that site as well, I'll post there too. In general, how are ATI rifles? The reviews have been so mixed, so I don't know what to do. It looks and feels awesome, but never owning or shooting an ATI rifle, I don't know if I should go on a limb it being my first purchase. I've always said I would buy savage, Remington, or ruger, those are what I'm familiar with and know I can trust.