1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Savage Arms Stevens 62

Discussion in 'NFA Firearms & Related Items' started by WhackJob202, Aug 10, 2010.

1. WhackJob202

WhackJob202 New Member

Hey people,
    Kinda new to the whole firearm thing. Bought a used Savage Arms Stevens model 62 and rebuilt it. Scoped it out and found some consistent 22 ammo. Great for taking out prairie dogs at 100 yards now. The colony I've been shooting at have become to accustom to the sound of rifle shots though. Has anyone ever put a silencer on a rifle like this? Was it successful? Do I have to take it to a machine shop to have it threaded? Where can I buy a good silencer and how much should I expect to pay? Any other info you think might be helpful would be much appreciated!
    Thanks!
    ~Gabe
  2. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

You need a federal tax stamp before you can purchase a suppressor. I believe its about 200.00 for the stamp alone.
    From there you can purchase your suppressor which would be another 200.00 Im sure. Treading a barrel for it is not the job for the general machinist but a gunsmith with a lathe. A machinist cannot posses your gun w/o you around, you need a license to hold others firearms w/o them present. Threading a barrel will run another 100 or so.
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2010