Savage Axis Question

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by Dobbs .40, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Dobbs .40

Dobbs .40 New Member

Im looking into getting a Savage Axis soon and I was wondering if there was much of an aftermarket following for them? I want to eventually be able to change the stock out for a more tactical style one later. Thanks for the feedback guys/gals.
  2. joncutt87

joncutt87 Active Member

If you're looking to shoot it a lot and modify it, upgrade to the 110. The axis series is an entry level rifle designed to be shot only occasionally and has very few aftermarket parts.
  3. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

[​IMG] [​IMG]
  4. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Gotta agree with the said" above.
    If your wanting to make some changes later with the Axis, I'd (as said above with what Jon said) go with the 110!
    There are still a few good "used" Savages out there and can be had at a real decent price!
    I'd been hittin the GS's alot here as of late and got a .223/110 a while back.
    Got a call today, that in the same gun shop, they have a Savage in 204 Ruger (used) sitting on the counter...going tomorrow to have a look!
  5. Albtraum

Albtraum Member

I have a Axis SR (threaded muzzle for compensator/brake/or suppressor. Its a great entry level rifle. I wish I could get a laminate stock for it, but the Axis uses a special recoil lug that makes it more complex for an aftermarket stock. However, for a $300 rifle its great, if you want certain features you wish to upgrade, look for a model that that comes with. I have a muzzle break on mine, the rest is stock. They do have an aftermarket trigger for it.
  6. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Totally agree with you Albtraum!
    They are a great rifle for the price and on "SEVERAL" occasions, I've about picked one up!
    I know it's just a matter of time and I'll "give in", for the fact I'd like to have one, and get one.
    ('bout bought one last week) ;)