Savage Edge .223

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by big steve, Jun 20, 2010.

1. big steve

big steve New Member

Hey all I am thinking of picking up one of the Savage Edge .223 because they look like a mighty fine gun for a great price. Does anyone have enay experience or have they heard anything about them.
    Thanks Steve:)
  2. army mp

army mp Member

Around here they are going for $259.99 in the plain rifle, the price goes up some with the Camo stock or the scope package deal, the only complaint is the trigger, some don’t mind it, Guns & Ammo gave the Rifle a good review but mentioned the Trigger, Savage Barrels have been known as being very accurate for years, myself I did not like the looks of it or the feel, some do, Back to the trigger Group, it is different from the one used on the Savage Stevens, that one can be fixed with a lighter piano wire spring, the Edge can be fixed but there is a little more to it, But then in the Stevens, I have two of them, the one needed trigger work, the other is fine the way it is, so you may like the trigger, but from everything I have read, you will not find a better New Rifle for the money
  3. big steve

big steve New Member

Thank you.
  4. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

"Savage Barrels have been known as being very accurate for years,"...

+1 on that!
  5. 199er

199er New Member

Make that +2 !!............................I have 3 savages rifles, one each from the early 1950s & early 1960s and and one I purchased in 2006 (w/accutrigger). All are very servicable, accurate, & too me, represent a lot of value for the price.

I would expect the Savage Edge to be a good value at it's price point as well.