Savage/Fox Shotgun 20 guage double?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Leander H. McNelley, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Leander H. McNelley

Leander H. McNelley New Member

I have a double barreled extractor 20 guage side by side shotgun with the folowing marks.

On the left barrell, it says: Savage Arms, Westfiedl Mass, USA
    Patent No. 3,005,263

On the Right barrell it says: Proof Tested 2 Guage
    3 inch chamber

Then, on the off side of the frame, it says FOX B series H

On the near side of the frame (receiver?) it lists a serial number of: C086599

On the underside of the frame/receiver, it has an engraving of a Fox

Can anyone help with approximate value info on this without a photo (since I am inept as heck with my software, not knowing how to post a photo)

The condition of the gun is good and it is not a "NIB" gun. The barrel length measures 24".

This is not a Fox shotgun is it, since it has Savage Arms on the barrel?
  2. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

If it were in NIB condition it would book for $395, but in average shooting condition it is worth around $235.
  3. Leander H. McNelley

Thanks for the info. I sure appreciate it.

(I enjoy the little old gun, for doves and quail but I think I paid too much for it fifteen years ago, cause I gave almost four hundred back then, and it was used then, but in good shape)

You live and learn.
  4. 45Smashemflat

45Smashemflat New Member

Savage bought the Fox name back in the day and applied it to their model 411's calling them the Fox model B. A bit of roll marked engraving etc sets them appart from the regular box locks. I had a 12ga a while back. Very servicable gun. In 20ga I'm sure its a shooter.
  5. Leander H. McNelley

Oh yes sir, it has an improved, and modified, and really it is just a little coach gun being that short. It's great for close doves and quail, because I shoot about as well as a sleepwalking hung over one-eyed rice farmer.