Savage Industries Manufacture date

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by pkcgbifaid, Mar 7, 2012.

1. pkcgbifaid

pkcgbifaid Member

I don't know if anyone here has a resource they can help me with or not.

I have a Savage Model 110 E rifle that came in on a case I'm working... the barrel is stamped Savage Industries Inc. instead of Savage Arms.

The serial number is E691XXX.

Does anyone have an idea if I can find out when this rifle was made. I called Savage Arms and they informed me they don't have records prior to 1995 and that their plant did not manufacture this model rifle so they suggested I write a firearm historian they have contact information for.

Also, for you gunsmiths out there... have you ever seen a Savage that the sear has been obviously filed on from the factory? I only have one model 110 in our reference collection and the sear has no obvious machining marks at all and looks to be just like it came out of a cast.

Thanks for your help.

Kent
  2. StoneChimney

StoneChimney New Member

I believe that would be late 1980's - early 1990's when Savage was going through reorganization.

I have never seen a Savage 110 sear with obvious file marks that had not been altered outside of the factory.
  3. pkcgbifaid

pkcgbifaid Member

Thanks StoneChimney.

I never have either and I feel pretty confident what I'm seeing didn't come from the factory that way.