The Firearms Forum banner

Savage Mark II BV stock plans

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  bamajoey 
#1 ·
I was looking into making my own stock for my savage, and I can't find the plans for the stock anywhere :eek: I was wondering if anybody had any or if anyone knew how to get their hands on some. Thanks:D

#2 · (Edited)
I've looked for stock dimensions on a few of my older rifle to no avail. Just doesn't seem like those are made public. At least I haven't found a source. If you want to try making a rpro Check on Boyds, they have a lot of shaped blanks, they might have something close, or that catches your eye. If your looking to go whole hog and shape, contour and rough sand, best bet might be the local gun show. Ours here has a vendor that will sell beautiful uncut slabs, but at an astronomical price. He does, however, sell his cutoffs for cheap. I made 2 sets of pistol grips out of a one dollar cutoff. They came out beautifully! If you're able to get a piece to proceed with the project, please, take lots of pics and keep us posted. I would love to see the see the process, and finished product.

#3 · (Edited)
If you have woodworking tools, find the wood that you want to make the stock out of and start cutting. I wanted a bench rest stock for two of my 22's and being frugal I did just that. The hardest part is inletting, but once that is done the rest is easy. Now I have two stocks with less than $50 invested.

http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/showthread.php?t=103959

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.