Savage Mark II-G questions

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Polydeuces, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Polydeuces

Polydeuces New Member

Hey all, first post on this forum.

I'm in the market for my first rifle (ever!) and wanted to ask you guys some questions.

I've never even fired a gun before, but I just moved out west and would like to do some target practice. In the near future, I'm interested in hunting some small game also. I have a specific interest in bolt-actions to start with, and the Savage Mark II-G caught my eye. It's affordable and I've heard good things about the manufacturer.

Down the road, once I become comfortable with it I'd like to have the option to do some customization if possible. Nothing too crazy... A thumbhole stock, a different barrel and bipod. This is where I need help, being new to the world of firearms. I know it's not a 10/22, but does anyone know what I can/can't do with this rifle? I've been doing some looking around (stockysstocks.com) and some other places, but I'm not really sure what I'm looking for.

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks guys!
  2. raydcarter

raydcarter New Member

There is a Savage forum at http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24 - you'll probably get more information by looking there. You might also call Savage and see what parts they sell - sounds to me like what you describe is the BTVS model - it's possibly Savage would sell you those parts at a reasonable price.
  3. mr.t7024

mr.t7024 Member

Savage makes the Model BTV .22 cal rifle,comes with thumb-hole stock and a scope,nice rig. I am almost sure U can mount a tripod on it and it is around 400 dollars. Out of the box,this gun will shoot circles around the 10-22. You would have to spend a lot of money on the Ruger and it might, and I do mean might be as accurate as the Savage! My son has this Savage,and one of these days I am gonna steal it from him! :D