Savage Mk 11 Bv Laminated Stock

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Conelty, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Conelty

Conelty New Member

Hey guys and gals!
    I've got my eye on a Savage .22. Has anyone heard good or bad things about them? It seems like a nice firearm. I held one at cabelas, seemed pretty sturdy. Also does Aquilo SSS 60 grain ammunition really lower decibals?
    Thanks,
    Chase
  2. raydcarter

raydcarter New Member

Got a Savage MKII BTVS a couple of years ago from the local CAL Ranch store. It's a fine gun - certainly shoots better than I do ;)
  3. firelegs22

firelegs22 New Member

The MK II series rifles are excellent.I have a MK II BTV and it will print 1/4 inch groups at 50 yards all day long with the right ammunition. If you get one of these rifles you will want to try out many different types of ammunition, but many people (myself included) find that the Wolf MT Is by far the best for the money. As for the question about the Db levels of the sss ammo, I don't know much about that ammunition. When noise is a concern where I am shooting, I use CCI CB shorts.

There is a Savage MK II model that comes with a muzzle that has been pre threaded for a silencer. If you are going to be shooting in a place where noise is a concern, I would look into getting a can.
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  4. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    You can hardly go wrong with Savage. As to the Aquilo SSS it is quieter but for maximum accuracy with it you need a tighter twist than you do with a standard 40 or 36 gr bullet. Savage like almost every other maker out there is a 1/16" twist. Only way to find out in your particular gun is try it.

Early Marlins used to have a 1/10" twist but they fell in line with the 1/16" crowd because that's works best with most of today's ammo choices. Just bringing that up in case your SSS isn't as accurate as you thought it should be.
  5. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

They are great guns.
  6. 218bee

218bee Member

That's a nice rifle, I just got a BTV and really like it. Mounted a 10X leupold
    scope and with Remington / ELEY EPS was putting 10 shots into one ragged hole ( about 3/8" ) at 50 meters......You will enjoy that rifle........Don S. in SC
  7. watsisname

watsisname Member

Aquila 60gr didn't work very well for me, the bullets keyholed every time. As far as sound goes the Remington Eley target work very well for me and are super accurate.
  8. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

I hope you are kidding with the ''keyhole'' comment.:eek: