The Firearms Forum banner

Savage MKII FSS

852 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Chick 
#1 ·
Bought a new one, and it came with fiber optic sights. With the rear sight all the way down, it is still shooting 3" high at 30 yards. Sent it back to factory. Has anyone else had a similar issue, or any problems with the open sights?

#2 ·
Not with your particular issue but out of four Savage rimfires, 3 had problems with one severe enough to go back to Savage. QC seems to be all over the place on these guns. Once you get one running they're great. Kind of like Gump's box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get until you open it up.

#3 ·
Savage called me, after receiving the rifle back the second time. They said they shot the rifle and there was absolutely nothing wrong with it. I asked them if they shot it with iron sights, because I was not mounting a scope on it. Told the woman that when the rifle came back, that the adjustment screw on the the rear sight was totally not even touching the barrel and it was still shooting high. I told her if it came back and was still shooting high, that I was not going to be happy. They took it back to the range, and said that it was shooting sub 1/2" groups at 30 yards with the iron sights. I got the rifle back and it was still shooting high. BUT, the adjustment screw had the rear sight elevated 1/8". Also, both the rear sight and the front sight was slid to the left in the dovetail. First thing. I centered both front and rear sights, then I lowered the rear sight 1/2 round on the screw. The rifle is now shooting where it is suppose to, but the rifle is only grouping 1" at 30 yds with both CCI Mini Mags and Federal Match ammo.

I don't know what they did the second time, but they did something. What makes me mad is that they said they did nothing. There is absolutely no reason for the dishonesty, and it just agitates me further.

I guess I will have to live with this, but I am not happy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.