1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Savage Model 110EL

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by tim37a, Dec 22, 2009.

1. tim37a

tim37a New Member

I was given a new 1963 Savage Model 110EL in 1963. Caliber is 30-06. The stock has checkering on the fore-arm and pistol grip. The stock cracked after less than 20 rounds were fired. I put it away until now. I have epoxied the crack, sanded the excess epoxy off and lightly sanded the whole stock, except the checkering, with 400 grit. How much should I ask for it at a local gun show?
  2. tarheel101

tarheel101 New Member

The 110EL is a left hand version of the very popular Savage model 110 that has been sold in the 10's of thousands. Most of these were "plain Jane" with hardwood stocks sold by volume retailers.
    If your rifle is checkered walnut with a Chicopee Falls address it would be one of the very early rifles.
    In any case there seems to be no real premium on this model for it's age and stock material, at least I can find no reference that puts on such a premium. In my opinion your rifle with it's damaged stock but otherwise in very good condition I expect $250 is a fair price at retail and you may get bids of $200+- on the gun auctions.
    I base this on the current market which includes new Marlin XL7's and Stevens 200's retailing under $300, but neither are offered left handed which may be to your advantage.

Tarheel