Savage Model 1909 pump action 22

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by JHeld, Oct 25, 2003.

1. JHeld

JHeld New Member

I have recently purchased a Savage Model 1909 Pump Action 22 at an estate sale. I am interested in knowing the approximate value of such a gun. It appears to be in working condition, although it has obviously seen its share of use. Most of the original blueing is gone, and it has a few dents and scratches in the wood. It also has a Weaver G4 scope attached. Any info will be appreciated, thanks.
  2. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Welcome JHeld to TFF. Let me see.

Savage Model 1909 Slide action - similar to the Model 1903, with 20" round barrel. Mfg 1909-1915.

In the condition you state, book calls out 60% condition - $45

70% - $65
    80% - $75
    90% - $90

Hope this helps. My book is a few years old, but it may only be a few dollars more today. Maybe someone with a newer book might check.

Glad to have ya with us!
  3. warpig

warpig Guest

Welcome Jheld

Obviously that old gun is worth more to use for target shooting and hunting than you would get for selling it.
  4. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Welcome to TFF JHeld!

I usually try to find a price between "Blue Book" and "Guntrader", then go to on-line auctions and Guns for sale listings. See what they are listing them for and see if anyones bidding on them. Guntrader says yours is worth $130.00 in Good condition...with Weaver Scope maybe $130.00 is reasonable. I'll go looking around and see what I can find listed anywhere...;)
  5. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

JHeld;
    Welcome to TTF. Pull up a stump and stay a spell.

New book still says the same.
  6. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

Be careful

Be careful when shooting that old rifle. Stay away from high velocity ammo. They work best with standard velocity.
  7. JHeld

JHeld New Member

Thanks

Thanks guys, for your help. I guess the $20.00 I spent on that old 22 was a decent deal. Nothing to feature on Antiques Roadshow, but good enough to be cleaned and use to pop a few "Limb Chickens". To this day I still use my first gun I got when I was 12, in '79, a Marlin semi-auto 22, with tubular mag. It still puts a 3 shot group in 1/2" at 50 yds, so I can't complain.
    Thanks again for your help, John