The Firearms Forum banner

Savage Model 25 Lightweight Varminter

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  gun runner 
#1 · (Edited)
I have two .223 calibers. I was wondering is the weapon customizable? Id like to get a another stock like a sniper/benchrest stock but not with a thumbhole I seen one on a Rem 700 off a sniper website with the stock I want

Thanks for any help/info

#2 ·
Is this what you have now?

#3 ·
We need to find out if the Model 25 action fits a Savage 10 stock.

I think it does...but don't count on that. The spacing for the action screws is 4.4", but I'm not sure about the 25.

The other problem is the barrel diameter of the Model 25 Lightweight Varminter. It not a heavy "bull" barrel and not exactly a sporter weight either. :confused:

Here's a good place to look and a good place to call and ask what stock fits your 25 best.

http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/StoreFront

#4 ·
It doesnt. the mod 25 is a scaled up Savage rimfire action. Its the only reason i really dont like them. they do not have the ready customization fo the Savage 10/110 line up.

Unfortunately gun hugger you are pretty much stuck with what you have. Stockys or Boyds might have a better stock but it isnt gonna be anything near the level of an HS precision or a McMillain bros that you could put on a savage 10 in .223.

#6 ·
You may want a "better stock" But if you have that one bedded and blocked and free floated it would be with in the same quality used in most entry class match rifles. I have a stock from boyds that designed like yours ,Old boyds JR stock on a long rangecustom hunter that is very accurate. Boyd also makes all of savages laminate stocks for them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.