The Firearms Forum banner

Savage Model 6a

1K views 9 replies 2 participants last post by  Paul 27 
#1 ·
I am in need of a replacement stock. I have searched many sites and they seem to be out of them or not avaialable. Please help!!

#7 · (Edited)
Numrich has the take down screw but not the trigger guard so you can try jack first for that but if they do not have it then I have found that other model trigger guards will work with a little fitting.
Boyds stock almost always have to be fitted so your work is cut out for you.
Keep in mind the model 6a is only worth $150 in 100% condition so maybe you should be looking for another .22 and keep this for a project gun. Both Numrich and Jack first can get in a stock depending on if they buy any for parts. There stock listings changes every week or so. Boyds stock for this is $74 plus shipping and only takes the machined trigger guard and has to be finished and fitted. Read everything they say about the stock they offer for your model.
Mike

#8 ·
goofy, Thanks for all the info and time vested. I really appreciate it. From what I am looking at on Numrich's site, the Springfield 87a is the same part number as the Savage 6a. I found one on ebay sitting at $36 as of now. Ill wait and see what this goes up to as time winds down over the next week or so. This comes with the take down screw and trigger guard. Hopefully this will work out.
Paul

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.