1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Savage Model 840

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Tommy9911, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Tommy9911

Tommy9911 New Member

Folks, I just picked up a Savage Model 840 in 222. The riffle is in very good good condition, The stock is ok. I would like to get a thumb-hole sport laminate stock for this gun. I have been checking the web and no-one has the CNC specs or does a drop in for this gun. I shoot the 223 platform, I like the small caliber. I hunt with the 243 rem, Very accurate.

Do you guys/gals know of anyone who can get me a stock? I can buy the blank, However, that's a ton of fitting. One mistake and the stock is ka-putt...

The .222 caliber with that stock would be a cool nice to have. Probably not many out there.
    Thanks in advance,
    -T
  2. dad2thebone

dad2thebone New Member

your going to end up with a custom job. and that gets into price ranges that scare me off.
  3. Tommy9911

Tommy9911 New Member

I hear that. Years ago my Dad fitted a 8mm German Mauser. I remember the bishop stock and he used in-lays as well. If I could get the stock started and fitted or even marked up, I can and will do the work.

Its allot of work and very detail work. The end result is amazing. I like the laminates. I am hoping someone has done this and will reply back.

Found a place in Cal called Richards. They can do a model 340 for me. The 340 and 840 are supposed to be close.

thanks
    -T
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2011