Savage Sporter 22 L.R., Latest Patent date on it: Nov. 20, 1917

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by dcd_enterprises, Nov 1, 2007.

1. dcd_enterprises

dcd_enterprises New Member

Finally, I have this Savage Sporter this gun is both firable, and frequently used. This is one of my favorite 22's that I own, and one of few that didn't cone from family. My dad has almost the exact same rifle, but, going by patent dates, mine is older, and mechanically in better shape, simply because it has been used much less. I have two of the original 4 round magazines and half a dozen ten round magazines that are fairly new. I am simply curious of the value, I have seen these at shows, and don't imagine it to be rare or unique by any means, but simple curiosity. Thank you for your time.

Attached Files:

2. ken w.

ken w. Member

I've had 4 of these in diffrent variations.Here in NY I sold mine for $200.00 each in the same condition or better than yours.It's really what your area will pay for these.Your is in good condition and with all those clips should fetch $275.00 ?The original magazines are selling for $75.00 each.
  3. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

This one looks like the Model 23AA.

SCOF values it at:

Exc. - $290
    V.G. - $250
    Good - $200
  4. bjbmx

bjbmx New Member

I'm looking for a ten round magazine for this same gun, or a magizine in general really. Where would a i start looking or does anyone have one for me. Shoot me an email at bjbmx@aol.com
  5. verlo

verlo New Member

I have one that looks a lot like yours , all it has on the top of the barrel is the patent dates and Savage Sporter. S # 93058 is down by the bolt. Mine is not in very good shape as it was in a fire. Where can I get a new stock and which one fits. Verlo
  6. brett_pie@yahoo.com

brett_pie@yahoo.com New Member

if anyone has a cliop or clips they could sell me email me at brett_pie@yahoo.com with the price and i will get back asap thanks greatly appreciated
  7. flintlock

flintlock Well-Known Member

That looks just like mine! An excellent shooter with standard velocity ammo. I have seen them go for $250 to $300, but I haven't seen one in a while now. The magazines are hard to find, you're lucky to have 4 of them!
  8. K75RT

K75RT Member

Brett,
    An email has been sent.

9. swervinervin

swervinervin New Member

i have the same 22 rifle and it is in great shape and is fired often. I AM LOOKING FOR SOME CLIPS FOR IT IF ANYONE HAS ANY FOR SALE PLEASE GET BACK AT ME WITH A PRICE. CONTACT ME AT ERVINSTUMP@YMAIL.COM. thanks
  10. johnnyboy7786

johnnyboy7786 New Member

i have one that dont have a number just says savage sporter.and the number on it is 48801.i have no clip.and i would like to know what its worth?and 2 if it ever had a baonette attached to the barrel?