Saving Private Ryan Won't be on tonight...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IShootBack, Nov 11, 2004.

1. IShootBack

IShootBack Well-Known Member

Our local affilliate decided that the wonderful movie "Saving Private Ryan" is to violent for television and will not show it in the Richmond VA viewing area.

They claim they are afraid of FCC fines.

Yet they can show whatever trash they want that embelishes immoral behavior and push the limits with nudity.

I'm mad....
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  2. xxxxxxl

xxxxxxl New Member

That's insane! I am getting to the point that I hate to turn the TV on. Most of it is trash. If it weren't for football and the outdoor channel I wouldn't need one.
  3. bsally1

bsally1 New Member

Let you know in about 20 min. if the Chicago stations are playing it. Funny thing is it has already been on tv. Didn't hear of fines then, why should now be any different? :mad:
  4. Remington597

Remington597 Former Guest

Those networks are run by bolshevik operatchiks. Never forget that they loathe this nation and are our enemies.
    Saving Private Ryan should be seen by every grade school student!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They need to understand the price of freedom. :mad:
  5. bsally1

bsally1 New Member

It is on here. Shocked!
  6. Remington597

What a novel thought to these communist bolsheviks!! :mad:
    Parents and children watching it together as a nuclear family with a mother and a father and explaining to them under supervision what is going on.
    It is a foreign concept to these mental hermephrodites who run these stations.
  7. Neil

Neil New Member

This is an unspeakable outrage.........they can show womens boobs hanging out but not a movie about fighting for freedom.........I dont' wanna live here anymore. ok maybe not that extreme but I'm mad.
  8. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

We have three ABC outlets on our cable. One in Baton Rouge, Jackson and Alexandria.

Baton Rouge and Jackson opted out with some flimsy excuse that they tried to get the FCC, supposedly, to let them either change the offensive language or edit a few scenes, to no avail. The announcement put the monkey on the FCC's back as an excuse.

KLAX in Alexandria carried it in full and it was a SUPERB movie. I saw nothing wrong with it at all. It just did expertly depict the scenes like it was, no more and no less.
  9. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

the movie should have been shown! :mad: i didnt check it out in my area, i have directv anyway... i've seen saving private ryan & it is by far 1 of the best movies ever made! my dj, who was on the beaches in normandy, said this was a very accurate movie, except for the cussing. he said the beaches were actually very quiet except for the gun fire. he said there was NO CUSSING & the words you did hear spoken were words of prayer! ( :rolleyes: of course THAT wouldnt be shown by hollywood :rolleyes: )

i'm very disappointed in the networks deciding not to air this movie, but i'm not surprised! come to think of it, i was more surprised that they actually considered showing it!!
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2004
  10. IShootBack

Looking back, they may have refused to show it to increade expanded or digital cable sales. Since ABC is carried on a few different major markets in their expanded and digital services.

I cannot spend the additional $40 bucks a month for it.
  11. Remington597

Its funny, I was just dusting around the house and came accross my DVD box set of Band of Brothers. It made me think of this thread again because of the subject matter. Now I am still pissed off about this. :mad: , this is bad for my diabetes and ucler. I am going to try to relax. :).
  12. IShootBack

Band of Brothers...
    I started watching it on the History channel last summer. After the first program, my wife and all the kids were glued to it. We did not miss an epsiode. It strengthened my resolve to become a better American, seeing what price was paid for my freedom.
  13. Remington597

Ishootback:
    I think it was the best produced mini series in history. I am glad you also enjoyed it. It is great that your kids saw it too, its not like their bolshevik school teachers will show it.