Sawed Off Shotgun

Discussion in 'NFA Firearms & Related Items' started by bizy, Dec 9, 2009.

1. NitroDave08

NitroDave08 New Member

To me its like the Tarus Judge, for up close and personal. For house and room to room clearing(Iraq), I can see the purpose of this.
  2. tcox4freedom

tcox4freedom Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I do think the S-12 is great HD shotgun. In a close 1/4 situation I can see the benefit of a short barrel. Now that I think about it a SG like the one shown would probably be a good car/truck gun. I think it might also handle a riaot situation fairly well.
  3. wpage

wpage New Member

There are so many ways to work in compliance of the existing law. Why pay premiums to work around parameters...
    So many outstanding home defense products are out there inside the rules. Life is complicated enough!
  4. doramider7

doramider7 New Member

uhm... if it's a good shotgun othern the barrel being sawn off too short... trash the barrel and buy an 18 incher to put on it. dont tell anyone that it ever had a short barrel on it and you're good to go i think. if'n it was me, i would cut the barrel , right in the middle of the chamber so it is unusable before throwing it away.
  5. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

you quoted me exactly
  6. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

well for once Australia beats ya

single or double barrels registered as pistols with a barrel no more than 6" are allowed here for defence against snake if registered under a rural property

my snake gun is a double barrel .410 that has fired solids but i keep it loaded with bird shot for snakes..

however , heres the kicker you cannot transfer sell or otherwise the weapon, its can only be surrendered

so make out of cheapies or use one with bent barrel etc and will always count as a hand gun on your count ( we have number limits on hand guns here) once marked as a conversion until disposed of

i've made a good racket of converting flare guns to take 12G and .410 for property owners and so when they surrender the weapon only the insert gets handed in and the flare gun is a collectors item ...

just hard to get enough of the ww2 vintage flare guns that we can make comply to this
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2010
  7. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

pics of one i'm working on for a gent
    THIS is not a NSW weapon, this is for a Northern Territory Property owner
    so report away ( its happened before )

i've also made these with 20" long inserts so full shotgun but with a pistol grip

and thanks to the idiots here it still a pistol (collectors licence) as no changes are made to the pistol , bore reducers where never quantified in the law here for some reason and so this type of mod is 100% legal here ( i dunno about us so dont ask )

Attached Files:

8. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

sorry for the bad pic's phone camera's suck the green in the barrel is the reducer to take a 12G its actually shiny metal dunno why its showing green and the only mod is the longer extractor as pictured thats a swap in and out too
  9. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

a pistol with a smooth bore is considered an "any other weapon" here and must be licensed similar to machine guns.
  10. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

weird huh ? here a smooth bore is allowed , if i rifled the insert it would be a true pistol class weapons and i'd be busted but this is allowed here ( if you get the approval and paperwork done before you build ) and it must be able to go back to 100% as made to comply ... ( else is a unlawfull mod if not )
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2010
  11. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

But can't you own a suppressor with out any type of government headaches?:eek:
  12. Buckshot

Buckshot Active Member

Carver is right. Papers first, then gun. But you are the one who initiates the process, so it is theoretically possible to infer the gun did not exist until after you had the papers. IF no one but you knows about it. Is it worth the risk? Only you can answer that. But realize if you get caught, you will have lots of time to consider the question. And maybe to do some research in the prison library. :eek: