Say It Ain't So Joe

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by artabr, Feb 26, 2009.

1. artabr

artabr New Member

http://www.ksla.com/Global/story.asp?S=9906943

Click link for video. (It's worth it ;))

Reality check for Vice President Joe Biden

Posted: Feb 25, 2009 06:19 PM CST

Updated: Feb 26, 2009 05:32 PM CST

By Fred Childers - bio | email

SHREVEPORT, LA (KSLA) - In giving the republican response to President Obama's speech Tuesday night, Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal pointed out fundamental differences in how republicans and democrats see the economy.

Wednesday morning on the CBS Early Show, Vice President Joe Biden asked, "But what I don't understand from Governor Jindal is what would he do? In Louisiana, there's 400 people a day losing their jobs. What's he doing?"

But that claim is wrong if you look at the numbers from the Louisiana Workforce Commission.

"In December, Louisiana was the only state in the nation besides the District of Columbia, according to the national press release, that added employment over the month," said Patty Granier with the Louisiana Workforce Commission.

"The state gained 3,700 jobs for the seasonally adjusted employment," Granier said of the most recent figures.

Those numbers are available on Louisiana's employment website, laworks.net.

Also available on the site are the state's latest unemployment statistics, statistics that appear to directly contradict what the vice president said Wednesday morning.

The latest statistics show from the week ending January 17th, there were 4,527 claims for unemployment insurance in Louisiana. For the next week, that number dropped to 4,179. Economists credit a diverse economy for Louisiana's resilience to unemployment.

It's unclear where the vice president got his unemployment figures from.

The unemployment rate in Louisiana has gone up from 5.3 percent to 5.9 percent. Some blame that on a bigger workforce in the state, however that rate is still less than the national average of 7.2 percent.

A call to the White House on the source of Mr. Biden's information has not been returned.

Good ol' Joe. The gift that keeps on giving. Too bad that the gift he's giving is our tax dollars.

Art
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  2. thomas44

thomas44 New Member

I've heard people ranting and raving about Governor Jindal's response, but haven't heard it myself. (I don't bother watching or listening to Obama's speeches). I did hear on Rush some of the liberal media's comments and thought I was going to throw up. Words cannot express how much I loathe the liberal media. They disgust me to no end.
  3. artabr

artabr New Member

Truthfully, as someone who voted for Bobby and will continue to vote for him, his response speech sucked.
    It sounded like he was reading from a script. Bobby is a much better speaker than that.
    I don't know if it was a speech that was written by the GOP (I suspect that it was) or if he was uncomfortable speaking to a camera instead of a person.

He should have spoke off the cuff. He's brilliant and a wizz when he does so.
    I hope this didn't hurt him politically, though I suspect that it did.

Art
  4. Haligan

Haligan Well-Known Member

:pWell at least their not on pace to lose 500 million jobs this month.:D
  5. artabr

artabr New Member

Thankfully!! :eek: :D :D :D :D

Art
  6. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

That moron is overseeing the distribution of the 'Stimulus Funds'.... I doubt the (questionably) advanced amoeba could balance a checkbook with a scale, let alone determine how our 'Stimulus Funds' are being spent. :eek:

I could never imagine a more perfect nightmare for dumbarses in power. I'd send them one of my old economics textbooks but I'm afraid they wouldn't understand what to do with it... :(