scale model gattling

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by arioch, Apr 10, 2006.

1. arioch

arioch New Member

I'm not sure where this should be posted, so please feel free to move it to a different forum. Several years ago, I saw scale model plans to build a .22 cal. gattling gun. Not the twin Ruger that Calico sold, but a real, machined, scaled down, rotating multiple barrel gattling gun. Does anyone know if these plans are still available?
  2. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

The only ones I know of is sold thru www.cabelas.com you need two 10/22 to make it. I think its got everything else. They have the hand crank and all that
  3. SGVictor

SGVictor Member

4. arioch

arioch New Member

Thanks southern shooter and SGVictor. The ones that are actual scale model gattlings are what I was looking for. My next question is that they all have barrels that are approx. 12 inches long, with overall lengths of around 22 inches. I think this makes them an NFA short barreled rifle for federal purposes. Can anyone give me some guidance on this? I don't think it qualifies as a C&R either because it's of new manufacture. The last thing I want to do is to get the ATF down on me.
  5. pmercer

pmercer New Member

6. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

ARIOCH the plans you buy should should say or at least give you an idea of what you will have to do to do it legally
  7. rangerruck

rangerruck New Member

also check out a place called lakeside machine.