scale model gattling

Discussion in 'NFA Firearms & Related Items' started by arioch, Apr 13, 2006.

1. arioch

arioch New Member

Newby here. I'm planning on making a scale model gattling gun chambered in .22 LR. The ones that are actual scale model working gattlings are what I was looking for, and I've been given links to several web sites that have them. My question is that they all seem to have barrels that are approx. 12 inches long, with overall gun lengths of around 22 inches. I know that this isn't a class III device, but I think this makes them an NFA short barreled rifle for federal purposes. Can anyone give me some guidance on this? I don't think it qualifies as a C&R either because it's of new manufacture. The last thing I want to do is to get the ATF down on me
  2. BigSam77

BigSam77 New Member

I believe cheaper than dirt has a normal size replica with a modern twist.
    to use it you have to already own two ruger 10/22. I think that is the rifles you need, but I am sure someone will correct me if I;m wrong.
  3. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

4. WarSteed

WarSteed New Member

that...is awesome. I would have such a field day with the pigeons at work with that thing. rats with wings~
  5. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Mount it in the bed of my chebbie pickup and patrol the southern border looking for Messicans!

Can we make one in 30 cal or 9 mm?
  6. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

7. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Here's another one that's identical to the original...

http://www.gatlingguns.net/

Good videos in the link and ready to fire units sent to your FFL. They ain't cheep.

SS, Love the Quad kit! Used to work with Quad fifties in the delta as perimeter and road security elements.
  8. pistolchamp

pistolchamp New Member

One of those little darlin's in 30 carbine would be a border deterent for sure.

Or get serious and chamber it for 30/30 or 30/40 Krag and have a blast... could be the recoil would be a problem.

We mounted a M-2 50 BMG on a heavy duty headache rack on an old pickup and it would nearly turn the truck over if a long burst was fired to the side... it eventually broke the headache rack and we decided after starting a pretty big brush fire in Frio County to find another way to thin out the coyotes... and the pickup driver usually got a pretty bad headache after a few runs down a sendero... just how loud is actually hard to describe... just rest assured that muffs and ear plugs were not enough when sitting right under the muzzle... but, gad it was fun for a while.
  9. pmercer

pmercer New Member

Hi,

I'm mid build on a 10 barrelled gatling in .22lr. I've got details of it on my site if anyone fancies a look.

It's www.paulssite.co.uk and then got to the 'gatling gun' page.

Hope you enjoy.

Paul