Scalia Says Guns May be Regulated

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by dons2346, Jul 29, 2012.

1. dons2346

dons2346 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

2. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member

Seems to me that guns are already regulated.
  3. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I just read this myself and was going to open a thread. Looks like it's starting.

Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia told "Fox News Sunday" that "the Second Amendment leaves room for U.S. legislatures to regulate guns, including menacing hand-held weapons,” The National Journal reported this morning, and that has created quite a media stir.
  4. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  5. Conman

Conman Member

Seems to me we need a new bunch on the Supreme Court.

The ones currently there have gone completely senile and can no longer read and think.

That comment by Scalia is totally WRONG...........
  6. skullfr

skullfr New Member

hell a frightening weapon is an icepick.So who determines frightening?
  7. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Active Member

The Supreme Court Justices have said they merely reflect the wishes of the people. The majority of the people elected the POTUS, the one who appoints them. It's only a matter of time.
  8. Haligan

Haligan Active Member

Just goes to show you one more example of the false left/right paradigm.:mad: (Global one world order, disarmed populace agenda.):mad::mad::bleh: (STOP ! ! ! !) :eek: (weeeehooo, almost started a rant);)
  9. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

If governments are allowed to interpret our rights enumerated in the Bill of Rights - such as the Second Amendment, doesn't that defeat the purpose of our Bill of Rights?
  10. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Screw Scalia...
  11. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

Even after this, he's still our best friend on the SCOTUS.
  12. Awtoman

Awtoman Active Member

I saw the Fox News Sunday interview with Scalia, and it was the first time that I have seen him interviewed. To me, he came off as a very arrogant, pompus a$$, befitting of the cliche'. If, as someone said, he is our best friend on the Supreme Court, I fear we are truly screwed.

Tom
  13. bountyh

bountyh Former Guest

Well, at least you can't try to blame the "lefties" for this mess. Scalia was nominated by Reagan in 1986 and was the first of a string of Roman Catholic justices appointed for the express purpose of getting enough justices on the court who will eventually strike down Roe v Wade.

Interesting that with the addition of Sotameier, the court now has six RC members although only four are what I would call "lock votes" in decisions against abortion rights. (Scalia, Alito, Thomas, and Roberts).

Given the court is now six RC and three Jewish, it seems a lot of the country is "unrepresented".

If Scalia is anti gun, he is going to be there a long time.
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  14. marlin795

marlin795 New Member

Calvary Chapel Conference Center; Murrieta,CA
    menacing hand held weapons? Honestly I'm more afraid of a stupid knife or machete than a gun. Please shoot me, don't hack me to death. :mad:
    Were screwed on so many levels it's not even funny anymore.:bleh:
  15. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

You know, Scalia was really dodging the question there. As a sitting jurist, he is ethically prohibited from offering legal advice/analysis on issues that are not before him as cases.

It's the same reason our member Marlin, a retired jurist (who could be called back to the bench at any time) stays out of discussions of legal issues even though he knows more about the issues than most of the rest of us put together.
  16. bountyh

bountyh Former Guest

No, dodging would have been what they did at their confirmation hearings where they refuse to answer. Scalia was letting what's in his brain shoot straight out his mouth. Interesting to see how he goes in the future.
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  17. dad2thebone

dad2thebone New Member

Dont we have enough regulation now? Seems like the meaning is the same but different wording than what exists now.
  18. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

And they still haven't overturned Roe v. Wade yet...

Idk...

Sometimes I wonder if we'd be better if the court was elected, then again looking at who was elected President, that's probably a bad idea...
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2012