Scary Chinese

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Buckshot, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Buckshot

Buckshot Active Member

2. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member

makes you wonder what's UNDER the cities. construction above ground masking the construction below?
  3. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

Very, VERY strange....:confused:
  4. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

Omg it's agenda 21. Get your guns and lock and load.
  5. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

"Why is China constructing large, well-designed “ghost cities” that are completely devoid of people?

Now, the BBC reports a giant new Chinese-built city has been spotted in Africa in the outskirts of Angola’s capital Luanda."

AFRICA????? NO STUFF!!!!
    LETS SEE HERE IN THE STATES WE BUILD AFRICANS HOMES THAT THEY DESTROY. IN AFRICA THE CHINEESE BUILD CITIES FOR NO ONE TO LIVE IN. I AM SO SICK OF AFRICA AND ALL THE *)*)&^()&(^*$$$&%&*%&%&*%*%^*%^*% YOU CANT IMAGINE.
  6. cycloneman

ONE MORE THING. THE CHINEESE BUILT THIS CITY FOR 3 1/2 BILLION DOLLARS.

WHAT DID WE DO WITH TRILLIONS
  7. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

shoot where do i sign up?? Id love to live in a 12.5 thousand acre area all by myself. Id set up a 2000 yd range on one of the major highways and drive everywhere as fast as I could.
  8. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  9. Rocketman1

Rocketman1 Well-Known Member

10. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

American dollars at work.
  11. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

And people say Americans waste their money at Walmart! Pashaw!!
  12. cycloneman

send all the worlds homeless, crazy, mental, unregestured, undocumented workers there. It really is amazing the mexicans arent flooding over there right now. Do they know about this?
  13. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

At least it keeps the Chinks busy.
  14. jjmitchell60

jjmitchell60 Active Member

Raised in Buzzard Roost near Frog Town in hillls o
    Ever see the chinese do a project? I was in Bejing in 1998 and went across a newly constructed "interstate" headi ng to a section of the Great Wall. I saw where the "interstate" went across sevral diversion canals, canals to divert water for agri purposes, and they were laying time in these canals. In one canal there were at least 10,000 workers laying what looked like 12"x12" tiles by hand. well we went to the great wal and on the way back when we came across that canal I took good notice of, they had laid what looked like several MILES of tiles in the canal (in the bottom, on each side, and along the tops of the sides like a walk way) in a matter of a few hours. At Peking University they were building anew dormitory for foreign students and in teh 2 weeks tehre it went up 10 floors, now that is COMPLETED floors ready for students to move into finished dorm rooms. Same with the Bejing College of Physical Education (where 90% of China's Olympians train), I stayed there and in 3 weeks they built 2 dorms and several training facilities.

what I am saying is what we use expensive machinery to do thus costing trillions of dollars, they use inexpensive hand labor thus what costs us trillions cost them but a few billion to do. They use virtual armies of inexpensoive unskilled workers. I bet for the cost of a bulldozer they can move 10 times the dirt with human hands and not have all the upkeep of the machinery.

It is of little wonder they can build ghost cities in short time for pennie on the dollar.
  15. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I remember when Russia did the same thing. They would build more tv's than the market could move so they loaded them in barges and dumped them in the sea. They had a workforce to find work for so they just kept making things they couldn't use.

Looks like China is doing the same thing. They have workers that need work so they just find them work. This is why Communism doesn't work.:confused:
  16. Rocketman1

Rocketman1 Well-Known Member

These are basically con artists. China was in an economic boom, but that is starting to decline. The Chinese government, to some degree, has opened up free enterprise. The Chinese businessmen have already figured out how to take advantage, and swindle their own people, just like you see some big corporations and Murdofs do here in the US. It has nothing to do with US dollars or anything like that.

Land in China is very expensive and hard to come by. The China businessman goes out to a poor farmer, and tells him that the government is buyting his land, and he must leave. He buys the land for say a thousand US dollars, and then puts the farmer up in a plywood box. Then he starts building a town on the farmers land and starts selling shares to other Chinese businessmen, with no intention of ever finishing the project, and probably only makes down payments to his contractors. A lot of the buildings are simply shells with no furnishings of any kind on the interior. After he collects a few billion dollars from the other Chinese businessmen he skips town. He probably comes to the US, and lives happily ever after in a big mansion somewhere.

Just GREED, thats all it is.
  17. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member

the Chinese seem to be pretty good at that lately.
  18. Buckshot

Buckshot Active Member

I guess when you've got a billion or so people standing around looking for something to do you can do a damned fine imitation of ants at work. Projects would just seem to materialize from the ground up as you watched, like a time-lapse video.

I hate ants.
  19. Buckshot

Buckshot Active Member

Rocketman, thanks for the link. A lot of perspective on the issue. But I'm not sure how the same thing holds true for the ghost city the Chinese built in Africa. That one's a little more weird.
  20. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

The cities in both countries were originally designed to house several million people, businesses' and entertainment facilities. They, like us, had a huge demand for housing but, the Bubble burst. The folks/government who spent the money now look at the newly built housing, as investments of the future.

A mass of foreign money is also being poured into China. Foreigners, for the most part, get loans to build in China, from Chinese banks.

They're slick, and they know it. We're, uh..well not too slick, and they know that too.

Learn Mandarin in just 10 days, free..be the first on your block...

http://tinyurl.com/79fp6r5