Sccy CPX-1

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Jmedwards1, Nov 9, 2010.

1. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

+1 to you JM for keeping this thread a constructive one. No doubt there are plenty of critical comments on these guns, but getting it all out there and hearing all sides is a good thing! I personally wouldn't buy one new, but if the price was right, I may consider testing one out and putting it through a torture test just to see what happens.

Semper Fi !

Woolley
  2. Jmedwards1

Jmedwards1 New Member

Thanks Wooley

I realize that most everyone has critical comments to say about this gun. I really enjoy mine and it serves it purpose. I will continue to shoot it and report the results to all the nay sayers. You never know...they may be right. I might have gotten the only non-lemon gun they made :)

Anybody got ideas about how I should go about torture testing it? I was thinking putting it in a bucket of sand with the slide open. Maybe a bucket of dirt? Nothing that will damage the finish!
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  3. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

If I were to give it a testing, I'd run a box of all avail defense ammo through it to see how it handles them all. Then I would feed as much FMJ through it as I could until it failed or I run outa bullets. It would make for a fun couple of days at the range. I haven't heard of any lasting more than 500 rounds without an issue; So I think having 1000 rounds available would be a sufficient enough test.

OH - and that pic,,,, you just up'ped the gruesome factor big time!! I'll bet he checks to make sure his "unloaded" gun isn't pointed at body parts next time!!

Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  4. Jmedwards1

Jmedwards1 New Member

Just got back from the range this weekend. The ammo count is officially over 450. I ran 3 boxes of blazers through it without a hitch. 450 rounds and still haven't cleaned it. I performed flawlessly at the range today. I stripped it a few minutes ago and there is still no new wear signs since the break in. I also shot a handful of magtech hollowpoints through it and experiences no issues feeding them.

Just a note...every other gun that I've shot Blazers through experienced issues with the notoriously hard CCI primers. I did not have a single failure to fire out of the 3 boxes. Has anyone else had a primer issue with Blazer ammo?
  5. Jmedwards1

Jmedwards1 New Member

Just got back from the range again. I finally had a failure to return to battery this time. I hadn't cleaned it in 500 rounds. So there you have it. I'm surprised it lasted this long, but it DID! Still no issues with the guns quality. Checked all my parts when I cleaned it and still no more signs of wear. I am now officially at 500+ rounds (+ being whatever the previous owner shot- I have 500 rounds myself on this gun with no issues)
  6. K75RT

K75RT Member

7. Jmedwards1

Jmedwards1 New Member

Range report. Still no problems. Round count is now ~600 ROUNDS FIRED... I went to the range this weekend and shot off a box of Hornady critical defense bullets, which were amazing in this gun. I have shot around 25 (1/2 box) rounds of +p ammo as well with no issues.

To respond to K75RT's post of the slide cracking...I believe the metallurgy has improved since this accident happened. I have had no issues with the metal on my gun whatsoever. My sn is 25xxx model SCCY.

Just a note I have a SIG with fewer rounds that my SCCY that with a bad cracked slide (on both sides)so please feel free to visit the SIG thread and bash them. Thanks!
  8. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I have never owned one so I have no experience other than what I read. From what I read including your first post, I would not own one. I have a quantity of guns and I have never had a guide rod break nor frame gashed or any other problem that I can remember. I trust with my life with what I carry and I am glad that you can too. . If you are happy with your SCCY, then its all good. As for the Sig slide failure, maybe its like ..Sig sometimes makes a bad one and sometimes SCCY makes a good one. Not bashing, just saying.
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2010
  9. 99_Tahoe

99_Tahoe New Member

I must be one of the late bloomers. I purchased mine back in May of 2010 and have only been able to shoot it twice and both tims it broke. The first time the axis pin broke along with it jamming up, I called SCCY and sent it back and they fixed it. The second time the safety snapped off so I called them back and they want to fix it again instead replacing or refunding the pistol. Just wondering what everyones thoughts are!!
  10. K75RT

K75RT Member

Will they pay for the shipping to fix it? I doubt it; Mine has been good and no parts have broken lately, can't sell it no one will buy it. Good Luck with your CPX-1
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
  11. Jmedwards1

Jmedwards1 New Member

You have to pay shipping there. But unless its a mojor issue they ususaly will just send you the parts that you need.
  12. youngrus

youngrus New Member

i have the cpx-1 i have shot it a few times no safety issues but sometimes the slide doesnt full close and i have to push it with my palm and it closes all the way and also once in a while it will fail to eject the previous round and feed the next while the other case is still in the chamber. and i cant fit 10 rounds in either of my mags when i put the 10 rounds in the mag falls out real easy can someone help me out. i bought it 2 months before the 2nd gens come out. i was pissed at the dealer i could have bought the 2nd gen or a s&w for the same price. but i do like this gun and when i figure out whats going on with it i will i mean i do trust my life and my families life with it. thanks
  13. rogertc1

rogertc1 Member

The pistol has seen much improvements. The Generation TWO gun has been good with a few issues like any gun manufactured. I bought 2. Gave one to my son. I have had no issues. It goes bang everytime I pull the trigger. SCCY takes care of problems quickly and is ever improving. A good gun and company. Go brouse the SCCY Forum.
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  14. cluznar

cluznar Former Guest

I would rather get a Taurus Slim.