Scent-Lok

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by jim summers, Jul 23, 2010.

1. papawed

papawed New Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Wow, I would never put that skunk scent on my boots, or anything I was going anywhere near home,truck or barn with. I would put 4 or 5 drops of each bottle on an upturned leaf. And I would be sure it was slightly downwind. It was potent stuff.

My wife smelled it a few times as well. She made her thoughts very clear. It was essentially no dear if she could smell the skunk.

2. Boris

Boris Former Guest

Oct 1, 2010
    The first time it ran across my mind that this scent blocker clothing is suspect was when I was in a buddies truck and he let one rip. IT didn't block no scent.... Made me wonder how good the game can smell someone with it on.

I use natural cover scents. If the ground is not frozen I kick up a bunch of fresh dirt. If I can smell it then it probably covers my scent real good (and deer kick up fresh earth when the scrape). I also stand in the campfire smoke the night before and it covers real good. I have had deer down wind that were obviously sniffing the air come right into me. Sometimes when I am on one of our farms I will start a little warming fire. Best cover scent ever..........

3. fleetwood1976

fleetwood1976 Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    using wind to advantage is the key