Schematic For Iver Johnson Revolver???

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Bowhunter, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Bowhunter

Bowhunter New Member

Folks, I'm looking for a Parts Breakdown Schematic for an Iver Johnson Supershot Sealed Eight .22cal Topbreak Revolver. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again:)
  2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi Bowhunter.......welcome to TFF.

I've looked all over the internet and haven't been able to find a schematic or exploded view & parts list for the IJ Sealed Eight.

However.....keep checking back. Our resident expert on Iver Johnsons, Bill Goforth literally "wrote the book" on them: http://www.ajarmsbooksellers.com/cgi-bin/ajarms/12624.html

He should be along soon and can answer any and all questions you have about your revolver.
  3. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

bowhunter,
    finding a schematic for the 22 supershot sealed eight alone might be hard to find as there were not many done. the internal parts for this model and the large frame safety automatic centerfire models were identical except for the the rimfire firingpin, cylinder and barrel. all other internal parts should interchange. when iver johnson put out parts list these two models were always listed together.

there is a parts listing showing all the parts in my book and there are even a couple of illustrations that show how all the parts fit together. the illustration for the third model safety automatic revolver is on page 46 of my book and the part list is on 138 and 139
    bill
  4. Bowhunter

Bowhunter New Member

Thanks Bill, At one time I had the first edition of your book along with a gun book library of 1050 books! I had to sell off that 35 year collection due to a divorce settlement and now have slightly over 100 books in my "new" collection. I do in fact plan to purchase your new edition sometime in the very near future. I was not sure that the parts were the same size from the large frame safety automatic revolver. Thanks again for the info..........Dick;)
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2007
  5. Bowhunter

Bowhunter New Member

Bill G, Just received your "new" book and I might add, you "outdid" yourself on this one! So much more information than your first book. It really is the "Iver Johnson Encyclopedia". Congrats on a "great job.................Dick
  6. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

dick
    thanks you for the good words
    bill