Schoolgirls and shotguns

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by White Hawk, Mar 1, 2007.

1. White Hawk

White Hawk New Member

[​IMG]

Excerpt:

Imagine a weird parallel high-school universe where the pretty, popular girls carried shotguns instead of pompoms. Such a dimension exists, not in the Twilight Zone, but in McKenzie, Tennessee, where the all-girls trapshooting team includes beauty pageant winners, cheerleaders, and the homecoming queen.

“People look at these girls and say they’re too pretty to be shooters,” says coach Lance Rider. “But they’re serious about it, and it shows in competition.”

In just its second year, the team has captured the imagination of little McKenzie in northwest Tennessee. The whole town participates in Fun Shoots for its benefit; last year they raised $10,000 to send it to the Grand American Handicap in Vandalia, Ohio. “This is a football town, but we’re getting more attention right now because we’ve won more competitions,” says senior captain, class president, honor student, and homecoming queen Rachael Clark, who, like several of her teammates, had never shot before joining the team. “I thought shooting would be scary. It’s not at all.”

[​IMG]
    The girls with Tennessee governor Phil Bredesen.

I'm betting these gals would upset the anti-gunners' stereotypes about gun enthusiasts. Read the rest at Field & Stream.
  2. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

now there's a group of young ladies to be proud of
  3. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

I sure would be proud if I had a daughter in that group.
  4. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

I would be proud to be part of that group :eek: :D ;)
    Fine looking ladies there, you know they have some PROUD DADDIES
  5. Lead Lobber

Lead Lobber Former Guest

Gotta love those girls. I hope more are inspired to learn to shoot.

LL
  6. blackhawkkid308

blackhawkkid308 New Member

you don't fit the profile for that group. wrong sex and all besides that if they were around you carla would be toting the shotgun if you get my drift.:) nice group of young ladies though.
    bhk308
  7. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Teenage girls with shotgun does anyone else see the scary side of it, Just kidding thanks for the read Hawk
  8. White Hawk

White Hawk New Member

If I had a daughter, that's where I'd want her to be. When she wasn't at the track honing her driving skills, of course. ;)

Another thing I thought of after posting this: You just know that any potential suitors are treating these girls with the upmost respect! :D
  9. 17thfabn

17thfabn New Member

Kind of reminds me of the movie "Drop Dead Gorgeous", in one scene one of the beauty contestants is a member fo the "Lutheren Sisterhood Gun club".
  10. rosierita

rosierita New Member

:D VERY COOL!
  11. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

My girls like to shoot.

I let the boys know, it ain't Daddy they gots to worry 'bout. It's Momma and her girls!
  12. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

All of my daughters shoot as does one of my grand daughters!!

Lovely group and, obviously, good at it. Thanks for posting. It is a light on the horizon in times when there is a lot of darkness around.....
  13. durk

durk New Member

Where were those kind of girls when I was in high school????;) :cool: :D
  14. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

Wish I could convince my Daughter to get involved like that. She is pretty enough to fit in like that.:) I got some strange looks, just suggesting the school sponsor an Airgun Club :(

But I'm proud to know there is a High School in America, with students like these young ladies.
    Thanks for the Post, WhiteHawk:)
  15. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Amazing that a school would let such a group be organized at all. So my hat is off to not only those young women, but to the school board if indeed it is really a school group.

Thanks White Hawk.
  16. White Hawk

White Hawk New Member

Y'all are quite welcome. I kinda figured we could use an uplifting article with all the other news floating around.

It gives me hope to know that in the newer generations, there will be those who know how to do something that doesn't involve a videogame or a phone, those who know how to respect a sport. It makes me even more proud to know that this is happeneing in my home state of Tennessee. But even here, you have to look outside the only two "blue" counties, Davidson (Nashville) and Shelby (Memphis) before you'll find a community and school system would even allow this, much less support it.

Perhaps sometime in the future we can have a thread discussing how the more congested an area is, the more gunophobia is prevelant, but I don't want to disrupt the good vibes of this thread.

Three cheers to these girls, their parents, and their community.
  17. WarSteed

WarSteed New Member

I'm still young so i can say this...

Those girls are HAWT! And knowing how to shoot well..adds at least 2 points to the hottness factor.
  18. Wraath

Wraath New Member

Easy thar Simba:D